Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


From this Side of the Pond

1. What's something you wish you had spent more time doing when you were younger? Explain. 

Listening!!!  The older I get, I wish I had really listened to the stories my grandparents were telling me.  I wish I would have taken the time to listen to them tell me how they survived through so much...WWII, Great Depression, etc.  

2. Who inspires you to be better. Tell us how. 

My friends who encourage me to take that next step.  

A person, who I met, and visited Virginia Tech (which is only about one and one half hours from me) and even help teach some there is Maya Angelou...My favorite quote of hers is:  "If you don't like something, change it.  If you can't change it, change your attitude."  I remember listening to her speak on campus and she said her mission in life wasn't to just survive, but to thrive, and do it with passion.

3. Share a money saving tip with us. 

I have put myself on a budget! (ha!)   I felt like I needed to do this because I was not being careful with my spending.  It is hard to stick to this budget with the price of gasoline and food!  AND then there are the grandsons who look at me with those sad, puppy eyes asking if they can have something.  It melts my heart and I buy it.

4. It's National Garlic Day...are you a fan? Your favorite dish that includes garlic? 

I am a fan of garlic even though I don't use it much.  I guess my favorite dish would be spaghetti sauce.

When hub was going through his cancer treatments, I think I put garlic in just about everything he could eat because garlic is healthy for you.

5. Would you describe yourself as decisive or indecisive. Elaborate. 

Is this a trick question??!  

I am both!!  I like to weigh the pros and cons of a situation and carefully think of all the possibilities that could happen with the decision I make.  But once I make the decision, I stick with it!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Can't wait for warmer weather....not too warm (the older I get, I can't take the heat like I use to). Easter Sunday was nice and pleasant.  AND yesterday, it SNOWED!!!  

I am trying, my hand at raising a garden.  This nice gentleman came and plowed and tilled for me. He was explaining to me how great my soil was and that there wasn't one rock at all. All was going great, UNTIL I asked if I needed to go and buy a hoe!!!  I have no idea how to do this, but gonna try.

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!

4 comments:

  1. I should put myself on a budget. Sometimes it is too easy to purchase on Amazon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I are on the same wavelength with our answer to #1. My kids and grands aren't asking questions either, so I'm hoping my printed blogs with give them an idea of what our life was like, what was important to us, and how much they were loved, should they ever ask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your garden. I'd like to have a garden but we don't have the right spot for one here. And you have to be home to tend it and we tend to be on the go, so I guess I'll just continue to enjoy the bounty of others : ) We are supposed to be in the 80s this weekend. I do not envy you the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I answered the first question the same way you did. I've been asking other relatives for stories and info. I can't wait for warmer weather too...I'm in the PNW and I'm not sure when it will make an appearance.

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter X

  X X-er-size The letter 'x' is hard to write about.  So, I kinda changed it.  I smile when I exercise! Many years ago, I quit smoki...