Sunday, February 10, 2019
It is with a heavy heart, I write this today.
There are simply no words to express my sympathy for this precious family.
Last Monday a fellow student, friend, state trooper, a member of the Tactile Team, a 28 year old hero was killed in the line of duty. My heart aches for his family he left behind.
Thousands attended his services and many people lined the streets of my small town to show their respect.
I pray for God to comfort his family in the days, months, and years ahead.
Saturday 9: Waiting for a Star to Fall (1988)
1) "Waiting for a Star to Fall" was literally inspired by a falling star. The singing/songwriting duo of Boy Meets Girl was at a big, outdoor concert and could have sworn they saw a falling star in the night sky. Have you ever seen a falling star?
Yes, many years ago at a Drive -In.
2) They offered this song to Whitney Houston, who declined to record it. Whitney did have hits with two other songs they wrote: "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" and "How Will I Know?" What's your favorite Whitney song?
"One Moment In Time"
3) Boy Meets Girl were George and Shannon, a husband-and-wife team originally from Seattle, WA. In 2016, Seattle was named America's most "bike-friendly city." Do you own a bike?
No, I don't own a bike.
4) George and Shannon met for the first time at a wedding. She was a guest, he was in the band. Think of the last wedding present you bought. Was it from the bride and groom's registry?
No the gift wasn't from the bride and groom's registry. Instead, I paid for some of their honeymoon expense...Surprise!
5) In 1988, when this song was popular, 98% of American homes had a TV set. Today, that figure has dipped to 96%, presumably because Millennials are watching more content online. What's the last video you watched online?
I can't remember.
6) In 1988 saw the introduction of one of the most memorable slogans of all time: "Just Do It." Without looking it up, do you know what brand "Just Do It" promotes?
Nike, I think.
7) In 1988, Sonny Bono went from entertainer to Republican politician when he was elected Mayor of PalmSprings. Have you ever met the mayor of your town?
Yes, as a matter of fact, I am running for Town Council.
8) Michael Douglas took home the Oscar in 1988 for his portrayal of Gordon Gekko in the movie Wall Street. The American Film Institute named Gekko one of the "top movie villains of all time." Do you think bad guys are as interesting as good guys?
No, but I always want the good guys to win.
9) Random question: Have you ever seen a photo of yourself naked? (Baby pictures don't count.)
No, I would pass out if I did!
September has come and gone and where did it go?? The beginning of September I began staining my deck. Hub had replaced the deck last ...
Some happenings from my week.... Hellooo.... All week the meteorologist was predicted a winter storm. Now, nine times out of town whe...
1. Well, I do love croissants when they are fresh, but day-old croissants need to be turned into a donut. I happen to really l...
My First Christmas.... It was tough This was my first holiday without my beloved husband, Charlie. Actually, Thanksgiving was t...