1. What news story are you following right now?
Still following the Flight of 370-my hears just goes out to all the family members. Have always been interested in the Royal Family-any news there?
2. What's the last thing you wanted but didn't get?
A road trip-I love to travel and hub is so content being in his small town-that is okay, but I wanted to book a trip somewhere and hub just flat out refused :(
Usually if I really want something-material , I usually purchase it myself.
3. May 28th is National Hamburger Day...when did you last have a hamburger? Other than your own kitchen or BBQ grill, where is your favorite place to go for a hamburger? And for all you non-meat eaters out there...when you're invited to a cookout what is the one side dish you hope is on the menu?
I think about a month ago hub grilled hamburgers. I love a juicy hamburger with all the trimmings! Listening to the news, I am skeptical about purchasing hamburger meat now after hearing the news last week.
4. How have your priorities changed over time?
Most definitely-the circle of life. Growing up I thought of others (parents instilled this in me) but still thought of myself. In my married life, hub came first. Then children came-they kinda took priority over hub (different priority I should say). Next step-grandchild -now this is a different kind of love and a most different type of priority. For the past couple of years I have helped hub take care of his parents-again priorities changed-his parents became our number one priority.
5. What's a favorite memory with your grandparents?
Many special memories I share with my grandparents. Since it is getting close to summer, I will share a summer memory. My father owned a farm about 30 minutes from our house. Dad didn't want to live on a farm, but he wanted to farm-more of a hobby more or less. After putting up hay bales (square bales you had to throw on a tractor bed) one hot evening, we would all gather at Mamow's house afterwards. I remember she would always have watermelon to eat. I must have been really tired (bad sign because I do silly stuff) and instead of eating the watermelon, I began throwing pieces of watermelon on everyone. Mamow joined in the fun and never once scolded me (which I am sure Dad really wanted to).
6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being fantastic!), how good are you at multitasking? Share an example.
Rank-8 I can talk on the phone, type of computer, and still shake head (yes or no) while listening to daughter or hub ask a question. I can also watch television, read a novel, and still answer hub when he asks a question. I attribute this to being a teacher!
7. How would you summarize your highs and lows for the month of May?
Not too high--not too low!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
A verse for all graduates:
Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
Congratulations to all graduates!