Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Springing Into the Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. What puts a spring in your step these days? 



My grandchildren.  Last week, I texted daughter to tell her I needed to quit my gym membership.  She said, "Why?' I showed her this...
 
 My goal is 10,00 steps and after school I had to the gym.  On a typical day, I average around 7,000 steps, but when the grandchildren come up, I surpass my goal!!


2. April 2nd was National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. Did you celebrate? Do you like PB and J? If so how do you like yours? What's your favorite kind of jelly? 

I probably did...I love peanut butter on crackers, with apples, with pretzels, on rice cakes, etc.  I don't really care for a PB &J sandwich, but if I make one it would be the ole standby grape jelly.

3. What's a memory you associate with spring flowers?

Tulips remind me of new beginnings.

4. Three things on your spring bucket list? Do you have a spring bucket list? If not pretend you do. 

I do not have a spring bucket list.  But if I did my three things would be:

1.to learn how to plant a garden (somehow I have forgotten and I want to put out a garden this year)

2. to tackle some much needed deep cleaning

3. maybe plan a trip


5. One place you will travel this spring? (It might be Europe or it might be the grocery store)

It will probably be Sam's Club....nothing is on the calendar as of yet.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I am just shocked that people are so mean to family members...won't speak, won't let them see grandchildren, talk about them to a lot of people they come in contact with.  This has just floored me when I heard about this.  Can't we all just take a step back and realize your family is all you got and be nice to each other.  I do pray for them.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, yes those grands can sure put a spring in your step for sure. Mine are all grown but still such a joy. I'm just glad I don't have to try to keep up with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you on #6. It is so heart breaking to listen to my friends who have one of their kids withhold the grandchildren from them. Or that one brother who withholds his whole family from the rest of his siblings, etc. Tragic. Grands have a way of adding steps and joy to our lives! Glad you have a good relationship with yours. We do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your #6. My BIL cut out my FIL a while back and still isn't speaking to him. I have come to accept it but sometimes I think about it and it makes me feel so awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your #6. I am actually facing that with a family member..there was some misunderstanding and hurt over the years and when my dad passed away..and I've apologized for anything I might have done wrong, but this person cannot let it go and that is sad.

    Great job on the steps. I need to wear my tracker more often and especially when Im with my grandkids

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter X

  X X-er-size The letter 'x' is hard to write about.  So, I kinda changed it.  I smile when I exercise! Many years ago, I quit smoki...