Monday, April 25, 2022

A- Z Challenge...the letter 'W'

 


W

Warm-hearted


I have never seen any jealousy or insecurity in my friends. AND very rarely are they angry.  Yes, they may get upset or discouraged with their spouse (a little ranting) but never angry to the point I consider angry. I think because they are so warm-hearted little things that annoy me just melt away with them.

They have honest concern for me as well as for others. They are able to put themselves in my shoes (mostly) and understand the challenges and fears I have.  When my oldest daughter was having her 3rd open heart surgery, my late hub was going through cancer treatments, and my youngest daughter was 6 months pregnant, they were planning to come to UVA to be with me.  Little did I know they would be driving over 8 hours just to sit with me.  I found out later through a phone call, they were unable to come due to one of their mothers being taken to the hospital.  Even though they didn't make the trip, just the thought of them planning to come warmed my heart. My friends have so much compassion.

I personally spend to much time agonizing over the little,petty things in life that really don't matter in the long scheme of life.  My friends do not.  Living in a world that has been painful with all that has been happening, warm-hearted people is gratefully appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter X

  X X-er-size The letter 'x' is hard to write about.  So, I kinda changed it.  I smile when I exercise! Many years ago, I quit smoki...