Wednesday, April 13, 2022

A- Z Challenge...the letter K

 


K

Keeping a Secret


I have secrets I don't want others to know about.  In elementary school, it was fun whispering a secret to a friend and doing a pinky swear.  AND in high school, our friends swore to not tell AND then somehow your secret was out. Remember these days?

I realized while writing this that I did not tell my late hub EVERYTHING and I loved him with my whole heart.  I shared some secrets with my close besties.  Sometimes you just need a friend to vent to without the world knowing about it. 

I realize this may be difficult for some, sharing your vulnerability.  These girls know my deepest fears and worries. Over the years, we have developed a mutual trust and understanding with each other. When I tell my girls a secret (and I always say, don't tell anyone), I know my secret is locked away for good in a highly guarded vault.  Here lately, I have called on my friends and vice versa over situations that I needed to vent about.They let me bend their ear, and they even give me advice on how to handle a situation. AND they would never rat me out.I don't have to worry about my friends being the source of gossip. Sharing my authentic self with my girls is easy for me.  I also keep their secrets to myself. 

Confidentiality is a valuable gift in a friend (s).




No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter X

  X X-er-size The letter 'x' is hard to write about.  So, I kinda changed it.  I smile when I exercise! Many years ago, I quit smoki...