Thursday, April 14, 2022

A-Z Challenge...the letter L

 

L

Loyalty


Loyalty is an important quality in friendship.  Having friends who are loyal is what sets the rest apart from the others. 

So what makes friends so loyal?

They are supportive. A friend who is loyal will always be there for you supporting and cheering you on.  Sometimes you learn lessons, but no matter what your friend will be by your side.  When others have left your loyal friend will stay by your side to help with all the curveballs life has thrown at you.

They are honest.  It is easy to find friends who tell you what you want to hear.  Anyone can do that.  But when a friend tells you the good and bad honestly then that is a loyal friend. They tell me what I am doing well AND they make sure to let me know when I am doing things wrong.

Share happiness and sadness.  We live in a world where it is easier to share sadness.  But not happiness.  People become envy of each other when happiness is shared; they don't know how to be really happy for you. We don't really share our happiness anymore because we are afraid of the reaction we may get.

When you find friends who are happier than you about your situation, you have found a loyal friend. So when you find friends who you can share sadness and happiness you have found a loyal friend.

They have your back.  When someone is telling lies about you, they tell the truth. When someone is talking badly about you, they will protect you. AND they will NEVER talk badly about you in front of people.

Friendships can and will fade.  My girls and I have made a pact to make every effort to stay in each other's lives.  Yes, that does require some juggling sometimes, but it is worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter X

  X X-er-size The letter 'x' is hard to write about.  So, I kinda changed it.  I smile when I exercise! Many years ago, I quit smoki...