Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. Do you complete your own tax returns or hire out? Something you've found taxing lately? 

I hire out my taxes.

Taxing lately....just yesterday I had this experience.  My 5 year-old phone DIED!!!  Nothing worked and I mean I couldn't turn it on...just had a black screen.  So trying to remember passwords I had used for accounts was a complete nightmare!! My head was spinning. AND when I left I had a headache.  I had not backed up my contacts. so I lost all contact information.  Thankfully, I had photos in Google drive or I would have lost all of them.  This experience was so taxing for me.

2. It's spring (in the northern hemisphere anyway)...would you rather spend the day hiking in the great outdoors or planting a garden? Do you/will you have a garden this year? Flowers, vegetables, or a bit of both?

I would rather spend the day in my garden.  Yes, I will have a garden this year full of fresh veggies and flowers will be on my decks.

3. Do you consider yourself a patient person? In what sort of situation is patience not desirable? Are you happy with the degree of patience you have in your daily life? If not, what can you do to cultivate more of this quality in your life?

I am getting better at having patience.  I think me sitting in so many long hours with hub in his doctor appointments, really taught me patience.  Patience is not desirable when I am trying to reach a love one (especially daughter) making sure all is okay.

To cultivate more patience in my life is I need to focus on what I can control.  I can't control the red lights changing fast enough, I can't control daughter quickly texting back, etc.

 

4. Do you like the flavor cinnamon? If so what's your favorite something made with cinnamon? 

I like the flavor cinnamon.  I put cinnamon in my coffee sometimes.  I like apple dumplings with cinnamon.  But my favorite is a huge cinnamon bun!!

5. Learn by watching or learn by doing? Elaborate. 

Definitely learn by doing.  If I am watching someone do something, my mind wonders.  I have to get in there and do it myself!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Today begins State Testing.  It is a new test...integrated reading/writing.  The students will read a passage, answer multiple choice questions, and write a response to the prompt given.  No one has seen this test, it is completely NEW!!!  No guidelines...don't know how many passages, or how long the response should be...only heard to try and write less than 6000 characters!  A little nervous about this.  So we will see.

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!




5 comments:

  1. Testing days are long and hard according to my daughter who is a teacher. I hope this one goes well for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are all going through various testing days now too. I put cinnamon in my coffee once, I remember that now. Supposed to be good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the testing goes well. It sounds a bit convoluted on the front end at least. I do think it's easy to feel impatient when trying to reach a child, especially with the technology we now have. It feels like we should all always be within reach. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cinnamon in coffee? Interesting - do you add it to the grounds when you brew? Best wishes during all the testing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So late getting around to commenting. Uggh! Better late than never..Oh, #1 would be a nightmare...technology is great til it's not. Sometimes I like cinnamon in my coffee but it has to be just right.

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge....letter Y

  Y Yogurt Maybe it is because I am starving, but yogurt with berries make me smile.  I can't eat lunch till 1:15 and I as beyond hungry...