Monday, April 1, 2024

A- Z Challenge....A




I feel like our world keeps going topsy turvy and I won't to get off.  The news is full of sadness.  Bad ' happen to good people and we question 'why'?

I need some uplI ifting and if I take the time to look around, I can find them.

My theme for the 2024 A-to-Z Challenge is:  THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE

Some post will be short and that is okay with me. 



A

A Good Book


I enjoy readingReading makes me smile.  I learn about myself and our world and far away places through reading a good book.  I think when I read a good book and other characters are facing or going through the same challenges as myself, I am able to identify with those characters.  This makes me know I am not facing or going through some challenges alone.  Sometimes I even feel better about my own life!

Reading a good book puts my brain into a pleasurable state.  Many people read to help them fall asleep but NOT ME.  Reading does not make me sleepy maybe because reading calms me down.

I do have a Kindle and I use it a lot, but I prefer to actually hold the book in my hands.  There is just something about holding a book and turning the pages that I like.

Of course, I have read some books that aren't good and I just try to finish the book thinking there has to be something good in here.  If not, I just say to myself, "Well, that was awful." 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge....letter Y

  Y Yogurt Maybe it is because I am starving, but yogurt with berries make me smile.  I can't eat lunch till 1:15 and I as beyond hungry...