Thursday, April 4, 2024

A-Z Challenge....D

 




D

Drinking Coffee


I have to admit, I am definitely not a morning person, I used to be but not anymore.  Smelling coffee brewing helps me to get out of bed.  That first sip puts a smile on my face!

Coffee is as much a part of my workday as my laptop or smartphone.  I remember when I first started teaching, coffee was a shared experience.  The main office in the school had a huge coffee pot where I would bump into colleagues as I was refilling my mug for the third or fourth time. We would share a smile.


I drink a lot of coffee.  I tell you this up front because I think I know the reasons why coffee puts a smile on my face.  Coffee increases my energy levels (not that I am lazy) but there are days when I am tired and I can’t be tired because of all the stuff I need to get done. Coffee does improve my brain function ( I read that somewhere, just can’t remember where lol).  No, it doesn’t make me smarter, but helps me to stay sharp and focus more. Maybe these are the reasons coffee brings a smile to my face.







No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge....letter Y

  Y Yogurt Maybe it is because I am starving, but yogurt with berries make me smile.  I can't eat lunch till 1:15 and I as beyond hungry...