Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wednesday's Hodgepodge    joyce-fromthissideofthepond.blogspot.com/

1. What would you do if you found a pot of gold? Let's pretend this pot of gold is worth exactly $1500 (which would actually be more like a cup of gold at current values). Anyway, let's also pretend you have to spend it as opposed to making a donation someplace. Now tell me what you would do with that cup pot of gold?
I would use $750 of the money to help purchase college books-for two daughters.  Then I would give $375 to each of my daughters-hoping they would reply "Aw, Mom you keep it." 







2. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in any way, shape, or form?

NO.  I wear green to school so the students won't say-"Mrs. Doane you don't have green on."  That's as far as I go to celebrating the day.




3. Have you been bitten by the Spring Cleaning bug? What spring cleaning job most needs doing at your house? What spring cleaning job are you most dreading?
Yes, especially on Saturday when the sun was brightly shining and I saw all the dust bunnies.  Yard work would be the most job needed right now.  With all the limbs still in the yard from the ice storm -the more I pick up, the more I see. This is one job I don't mind doing.  Working outside to me is better than working indoors.  The job I dread the most is cleaning the blinds in the house.I don't know an easy way to do this.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Please let me know.  It takes me hours to clean them!!






4. lime-shamrock-sage-forest...your favorite shade of green?

Definitely lime!!!



5. Thomas Jefferson once said, "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." So...do you believe in luck or do you believe we make our own luck?
I call pleasant coincidence 'good luck' and unpleasant coincidence 'bad luck.'  Random circumstances happen and sometimes they will be in your favor and sometimes they won't. 
Good luck is a result from being prepared; bad luck is a result from not being prepared.  I do believe there is an invisible hand involved when experiencing good luck (good results from tests, etc) you cannot explain.







6. Monday (3/14) was Pi Day. Get it? Pi =3.14. Those math types are so clever aren't they? Since I'm not one of them tell me what's your favorite piE (the edible kind).
My favorite is Kentucky Derby Pecan Pie!!!!






7. That same date (3/14) happens to be the birthdate of the late physicist Albert Einstein. I bet he knew the value of Pi. So...what do you think is more important and or valuable in life... intelligence or common sense?
A very interesting question.  Intelligence is something you are born with.  It is a mental exercise-studying to pass a test, being an expert in a certain field--food, wine, etc.  There are many different forms of intelligence and common sense is one of them.  Common sense is the ability we develop over time, through our intelligence.  Now, what is more important of the two?  Intelligence enables us to manage our lives and common sense helps us see the overall picture.  With that being said.....I think they are equally important.

8.  Random thoughts:  What a Sunday--my youngest daughter was
 heading back to college after her spring break.  My oldest daughter, who is in pharmacy school called and there had been a shooting close to where she lives.  My heart stopped!!!  She was told to go in her apartment, dead bolt the door, close the blinds, and stay inside.  The suspect the state police was searching for had killed two deputies and wounded two others.  Of course, we couldn't get to her-so we kept calling and texting.  It was a very long night.  I went to see her yesterday--I just had to see for myself she was okay.  The suspect was caught and killed.What a scary night I had.  I don't understand the crazy people living in our world today.  But I am so thankful for the police who protect us daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...