Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Wednesday hodgepodge







1. Share a favorite moment from your Christmas holiday celebration.

Special moments were shared at my aunt's house.  Talk and laughter spread throughout the house.

2. What would you say has been the biggest news event during your life so far?

Oh gosh!!  Now that I have hit the mid-life plus a few extra years many events have happened:  Watergate, the end of the Vietnam War, Nixon resigns, Elvis Presley's death, Haley's Comet ( I remember going to see this-looking through a telescope), Clinton's scandal, Challenger, Computers, the devastation of 9/11,  Cell phones, and the music--aww the sounds of the music...these are just a few that I remember.
3. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2015 is Marsala. What say you-like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either? 

The house we lived in before this one had the Marsala color in the living room.  I like this color.  I do have a rug that is this color now in the living room and a few pillows to match.  As for my closet-no thing this color-but might find something now that this is the color for 2015!
4. Would you rather meet your ancestors or your great grandchildren? Explain why.

Both--my ancestors to learn more about my family's history and how they managed to accomplish all they did with as little as they had.  I would like to meet my great-grandchildren so I can see how my grandchildren turned out and to tell them their family history.

5. Share one life lesson learned in 2014?
It is really hard to forgive when someone has hurt your family.  I know God wants us to forgive but it so hard -one day at a time.

6. What was your best or favorite purchase made in 2014?

My van.

7. What is one thing you're looking forward to in the new year?

The first thing that came to my mind was daughter's marriage-which she keeps changing the dates-first it is August now November-nope now back to August-now November....
I am looking forward to spending another year with my family and friends.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Daughter #1 turned 27 yesterday!!  so proud of this amazing woman!!

Think positive and to remember the saying...it is what it is....these are my New Year's Resolutions.
Happy New Year to All!!

2 comments:

  1. Setting the date was a little stressful here too. Not because they changed their minds, but because we had to wait on the Army to okay leave. Wishing you a wonderful 2015! It's a reunion year so hope to see you in NC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of my children were married on the 30th of the month. One in May, another in December and the last in October because DH and I were married on June 30th. It became an easy decision all of the way. Wishing you a healthy, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...