1. What is one new holiday tradition you'd like to establish, or one you've established recently, say in the last year or two?
Hub and I have combined both of our childhood traditions for the last 30+ years. Recently the past couple of years I have started 'The Elf on the Shelf'-grandson loves it. I don;t do all the crazy pics one might see on Facebook. When grandson comes over he begins looking for 'Jingles' (that is his name) and both daughters (who are 26 & 24) wonder where he is and what he has done.
2. It's the second week of December. Have you sipped a cup of eggnog yet this month? Wrapped a gift? Opened a gift? Kissed someone under the mistletoe? Lit a candle? Eaten a Christmas cookie? Seen Santa in person? Watched a Christmas movie or special? Read scripture relating to the birth of Jesus?
I love watching Christmas movies even though I have probably seen most of them, I don't mind watching them over and over. Will get into wrapping gifts this week.
3. Do you think it's better to be an adult or a child at Christmastime? Explain.
A child comes to my mind first. Children are so innocent, and they see the good in all people-no matter what. Seeing the thrill in a child's eye and hearing the excitement in his/her voice when the tree is up and decorated, when the manager scene is displayed, or seeing Santa warms my heart. Just a short story here: When grandson was a couple of years younger, we were headed home one evening. He looks out the window and shouts: "I seen God! I seen God!" Someone then says that's not God; it is Jesus. Grandson then shouts: "I seen Jesus! I seen Jesus!" We had driven by a house that had a manager scene displayed and this was his reaction-makes me smile to this day. Through the eyes of a child....
As adults we sometimes, I know I do,- get caught up in the decorating, baking, cleaning, and trying to find the right gifts, that we (I) lose sight on the true meaning of Christmas.
4. It's often said, 'Good things come to those who wait'...agree or disagree? Why?
Patience is a virtue....wish I had more of-I most definitely struggle with this is some areas of my life. I think if you do have patience, more will be accomplished faster, and eventually good things will come.
5. What's the last sweet thing you baked? Did you keep it, take it to a party/event, or give it away?
Baked cookies-for bus drivers and cafeteria workers a few weeks ago.
6. This question comes to us courtesy of Jhona who blogs over at The Red House at the End of the Lane. Everyone hop over and say hi to Jhona this week! Here is her question... "I heard an actor talk about how he makes a conscious choice to talk to people in elevators. PHe chooses to connect, make eye contact, and converse. Do you talk to people/strangers when you're in an elevator or any other place where you might have to wait together? Why or why not?"
I don't talk to strangers when in elevators-hub, on the other hand, does. He strikes up a conversation everywhere he goes. If I am waiting in a doctor's office or standing in line I might strike up a conversation but very rarely am I the first one to initiate it.
7. Are you on the naughty or nice list this year? What put you there?
I hope I am on the nice list; however, I also know I have been a little naughty with some people. It is just hard for me to keep my mouth shut when it comes to some people.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Two weeks from today will be Christmas Eve!