Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge








1. Share one thing that really makes your day.

Seeing my grandson always puts a smile on my face.

Reading my devotions makes me happy. Usually my devotions speak right to a situation I am dealing with and I ponder..how on Earth did that happen, but I know God is in control. Sorry Joyce, I had to go with two things instead of just one.

2. Lots of these kinds of lists out there, but one found here says the fifteen most colorful places on earth are:

Vernazza, Cinque Terre, Italy~Burano, Italy~Havana, Cuba~Rio de Janiero, Brazil~Chefchaouen, Morocco~Balat, Istanbul, Turkey~Menton, France~Jodhpur, India~La Baca, Buenos Aires, Argentina~Guanajuato, Mexico~Capetown, South Africa~Valparaiso, Chile~Wroclaw, Poland~San Francisco, California~and Pelourhino, Salvador, Brazil.  

Of those listed which would you most like to see up close and in person? Of all the places you've seen or traveled in your own life, what would you say was one of the most colorful?

I would chose Cinque Terre, Italy.  I have wanted to travel to Italy, hub will not fly, but he has said he would like to go to Italy! Yeah!  I like that there are few ways to travel except by train-which I am all far.

Of all the places I have seen the most colorful place has been in my own back yard  This summer hub and I just took off driving into the mountains.  It was very hot (90+) and when we reached the top of the mountain, the temp had dropped (around 70), and we turned off the AC and rolled our windows down.  We vowed we would come back in the fall, and we did. Oh My! the color of the mountain was something I could not even imagine; absolutely breath taking

3."Everything you want is on the other side of fear." Jack Canfield  In general, would you agree or disagree with that statement? Why?

I would not totally agree with this.  There are some things one might want but afraid to take that leap of faith but not everything is on the other side of fear.

4. Imagine you're stranded on a desert island and dessert appears...what do you hope it is? Do you ever struggle to remember which spelling is desert and which is dessert?

Image result for cheesecake factory
Homemade Cheesecake!
Preferably from
Image result for cheesecake factory

I do believe I could never get enough of this place.  Too bad there isn't one close by, as a matter of fact, I think the closest one is 5 hrs.away.

I use to tell my 8th graders to learn the difference between desert and dessert--dessert is something sweet-so this one has two of the letter s.  This little tidbit helped them.

5. What song almost always makes you cry?

"I'll Praise You in This Storm"

6. January is National Soup Month.  Everything from soup to nutsin the soup,thick as pea soupsouped up...which saying most recently applies to your life in some way? Explain.

I had to ask hub this one..because I didn't think I was none of these.  Hub says 'souped up' because I am full of energy.  I go with souped up-hub is usually right-LOL!

7. Write a two word note to your younger self. What does it say?

How about the title of my blog...Enjoy Life!

8. Random thought.

I will leave you with this...


https://youtu.be/L5bLvVjJ4MA?t=108

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE "Praise You in This Storm"!! Casting Crowns has put out so many awesome songs that speak to so many. Cheesecake Factory has so many dessert choices- one of my favorite places. My hubs and I are planning a fall trip into Arkansas next year to see the color. This year, they claimed was not so great due to drought. Have a toad-ally awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE "Praise You in This Storm"!! Casting Crowns has put out so many awesome songs that speak to so many. Cheesecake Factory has so many dessert choices- one of my favorite places. My hubs and I are planning a fall trip into Arkansas next year to see the color. This year, they claimed was not so great due to drought. Have a toad-ally awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Casting Crowns music. They were in town back in November, but we were away that weekend. I would love to see them live. I almost added fall in my NJ backyard. The color was staggering. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog title is definitely a good message and thanks for sharing the song. It was new to me.
    Wendy’s Waffle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Dropping by for the Hodgepodge today and wanted to say hello! I enjoyed your answers and seeing your blog! Enjoy Life... definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I loved your answers. I love the song that you choose. I hope you have a great day. Stopping by from hodgepodge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a tough time with the soup one too! I went off grid with it! Love your answers! Stopping by from the HP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't agree with that statement either. Not all things I want are fearful. Me too, cheesecake all the way and Cheesecake Factory is the best! I've always liked Shout to the Lord, it would make me cry. Enjoy Life....great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your grandson makes me smile in that picture, so I can see why he would just make your day. So sweet.

    OK, I have to admit, if I lived very close to Cheesecake Factory, I would be as big as a house. I love their Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. Yumm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed your hodgepodge and cheesecake was a close second for me...I love it too! And we have a Cheesecake Factory about 5 minutes from us, lol, but I do TRY and avoid the place as I can't hardly resist the cheesecake. LOVE Casting Crowns. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed your hodgepodge and cheesecake was a close second for me...I love it too! And we have a Cheesecake Factory about 5 minutes from us, lol, but I do TRY and avoid the place as I can't hardly resist the cheesecake. LOVE Casting Crowns. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grandchildren? Yes! I wish mine were close enough to enjoy even on a weekly basis, but alas. I am listening to your song as I type. What a wonderful message and such truth. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll have to admit that I forgot all about cheesecake when I made my dessert choice. I love cheesecake, especially a fruit type. I would love to see the mountains in the fall. I also like the song. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, it's been a long time since I've had Cheesecake Factory. As far as I know there isn't one in Maine where I am or New Hampshire. Maybe Boston? A long way to drive, but might be worth it...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, it's been a long time since I've had Cheesecake Factory. As far as I know there isn't one in Maine where I am or New Hampshire. Maybe Boston? A long way to drive, but might be worth it...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you need someone to go with you to Italy, I'd do it for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Songs by Casting Crowns are always good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never had Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory!! Dropping by to visit from the HP!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imag...