1. Share a winter memory from your childhood.
On snow days, a bunch of us would pile on clothes and go sleigh riding on a hill near our house. We would spend ours sleigh riding. Afterwards, we would walk home, take off our wet clothes, dry them by the fire, help with dinner, make sure our face was no longer so red, then take off sleigh riding again;however, this time a fire was built. Again spending hours outside sleigh riding. I don't think I even thought of just laying around the house and watching television; I wanted to be outside.
2. What was on your blog this time last year? (Besides the Hodgepodge of course!) If you weren't blogging, what in the world were you doing with all that free time?
Hub and I had seen the movie, 'American Sniper' and much discussion about serving our country was topic of conversation. A friend had asked husband to baptize his wife-a blessing for us both.
Of course the weather was talked about-the forecast was for snow and we were only having lots and lots of rain.
3. Ellen Goodman is quoted as saying, 'We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives...not looking for flaws, but for potential.'
Do you see more flaws or more potential in your life at the start of a new year? Have you done anything specific this month to address either one? Does the new year truly begin for you on January 1, or is there some other month of the year that feels like a fresh start and new beginning?
I have way too many flaws in my life!! The beginning of a new year makes me want to make a list of all the things I want to do differently-show more kindness, be more sympathetic, have more patience, try to not let the little things get to me, learn to tune negative thoughts out. I have tried to be a little more kinder to those who are less kind and so critical.
4. Who's an athlete you admire or respect and why?
Peyton Manning--I am a Tennessee Fan! Hoping Broncos win the Super Bowl!
5. Do you like cream in your coffee? Whipped cream on your pumpkin pie? Cream cheese on a bagel? Sour cream on a baked potato? Cream of wheat for breakfast? Have you ever had a scone with clotted cream? Of all the creamy foods mentioned, which one sounds most appealing to you right this very minute?
I drink my coffee black, not much of a whipped cream gal or pumpkin pie gal either, nor do I like sour cream, or clotted cream. I know...what you are thinking....hub says the same thing to me.
I will eat cream cheese (very little) on my bagel.
6. Where were you last kept waiting for 'hours on end'? Or for what felt like hours on end? How well did you cope?
I would have to say at a red light--I thought it would never change green....maybe I was running a little late and it just seemed like forever before the light changed.
7. Believe it or not, when next week's Hodgepodge rolls around it will be February.Huh?!? Bid adieu here to January in seven words or less.
Glad you took it easy on us!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The snow is melting and temperatures are on the rise--in the 60's this weekend!
I am getting use to this retirement, slowly....I was called yesterday to sub in a few days. I must admit I am kinda looking forward to going back to school.