1. Time magazine has selected The Ebola Fighters as their person of the year for 2014. Do you agree, and if so who would you say is a close second? If you disagree with their choice, who do you think should have been chosen?
I am okay with the Ebola Fighters-who are still fighting this outbreak. Close second, I have no idea who are in the running. However, I will give my opinion to who I think it should not be--anyone who uses his/her influence negatively.
2. This question comes to you courtesy of Susan who blogs over at Stew Mama Says. She knows we have a wedding happening any minute now, and she asks, 'What's your favorite-something old? something new? something borrowed? something blue in your home? Be sure you hop over and say hi to Susan today!
Something old-my grandmother's table-drop leaf with the lion claws, something new-my vacuum cleaner-a recent purchase, something borrowed-I don't have anything in my house that has been borrowed, something blue would be daughter #1 bed spread-of course daughter #2 now claims it.
3. Fudge-yay or nay? Your favorite flavor? Do you make it yourself? With nuts or without?
Can say yay to fudge-don't really have a favorite flavor but I do prefer nuts. I do have difficulty stopping at only one piece of fudge-then I feel yucky. Have never made fudge myself-although daughters have.
4. December 17th is Wright Brothers Day, commemorating the first successful flights made by Orville and Wilbur Wright in 1903 in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. How old were you when you made your first flight? Do you like to fly? Have you ever been to Kitty Hawk or other parts of the North Carolina Outer Banks?
I was 29 yrs old when I first boarded an airplane. I love to fly-I have written about this in recent posts. Have visited Kitty Hawk and the Outer Banks-my favorite part of the Outer Banks-the lighthouse.
5. Do the people in your family tend to follow a particular career path, and if so what's the path?
Both daughters have chosen the medical career paths (pharmacist and physical therapist) unlike their parents-I am a teacher and husband was in insurance. However, the medical profession was my first career when I entered college-I wanted to be a surgeon-hub wouldn't move!!
6. What is one thing you absolutely, positively must accomplish today?
Laundry-it keeps piling, and piling up.
7. This Christmas I hope___________________________________.
This Christmas I hope for the world and myself to be a little more kinder to others and a little more forgiving of others. I hope we can keep the spirit of Christmas all through 2015!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Water problems at my house---shew!! According to plumber, hub (ha) the problem is coming from the town's side of the road and not on our side. Who cares?? get if fixed. Thus, my laundry is piling and piling up!!!
A bigger smile to my face--My grandson was baptized on Sunday!