Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge








1. What is something in your life right now that feels a little 'hodgepodge'?

This time of year about all 'things' is a jumble-trying to get to all events, socials, and still finish all the Christmas tasks I need to do.

2. What does 'peace on earth, goodwill to men' mean to you?

To treat others fairly which I should do daily just not at Christmas.  Peace-something the world strives for as for peace in our own families this is also difficult to accomplish.

3. Which edible treat you are most looking forward to sampling this December?

No idea.  This will be my first Christmas without my dear mother-in-law.  She would make me-what she called-Nuts & Bolts (mixture of pretzels, nuts, chex mix and some type of seasoning)  one of my favorite snacks.  Sure gonna miss her as I celebrate Christmas this year.


4. It's that most wonderful time of the year...do you agree, and if so why is it so wonderful?  If not, what would you say is the most wonderful time of the year?

"The most wonderful time of the year...."  as I love getting together with all friends.  Seeing all put aside differences this time of the year give me a warm feeling-wish it would last.

5. What was the last word you looked up in a dictionary (actual or online) and why?

I can't remember but I know I have looked up something recently.

6. Besides a Christmas tree, what is your favorite thing to decorate this time of year?

The lawn and my front porch.  Hub loathes decorating the lawn!

7. Share one thing you've learned (about yourself, people, or anything at all) in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, or through blogging in general. 

There are people like me in this world!  Enjoy reading answers from people across the country. Many, many thanks to you, Joyce!!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Enjoyed delivering meals on Thanksgiving...

Daughter and finance had engagement pics made a couple of weeks ago.  Glad I was able to be there...now I know the wedding planning will begin.
.

5 comments:

  1. The engagement pics are lovely! Your daughter looks so much like you : ) Happy wedding planning...it's a roller coaster of emotion but I've enjoyed this time with my daughter so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this is an extra busy time for you coming up. And I do think it is hard to have a first Christmas without someone we love. Maybe you can take the torch, so to speak, and carry on some of the traditions she kept. The engagement photo is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Looks like another wedding to be planned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to deliver meals! Your daughter and her fiancee sure make a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tammy, sorry to hear about your MIL. Sounds like she was a wonderful person.

    In the past I have helped feed the homeless Thanksgiving meals. What a blessing it is to deliver meals to the needy.

    Congratulations on your daughter and her fiancee's engagement.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...