Love the Hodgepodge
1.What makes love last?
Commitment--not many people are committed to marriage. When something doesn't go their way, instead of trying to work it out, they want to just quit. True love is realizing that some point in time you may have to give 90% -I have never believed in you give 50% and I give 50%-some days you may have to give more!
2. The Beatles made their US debut fifty years ago this week. Are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite Beatles tune?
I like their music-not really a fan. Favorite Beatles song--"Hey Jude"
3. Valentine's Day-your thoughts? Do you celebrate in any way? Do anything special for the people you love? Expect anything special from the people who love you?
Hub and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day like we use to with giving each other gifts, etc. We usually go out to dinner and relax and enjoy each other. For my daughters, I use to fix a box and send this to them in college. I will probably get them a 'little something' this year-both girls love jewelry and I know I can't go wrong with that!!
4. Steak or burger...you have to choose. Now that that's settled, how do you like it?
Burger -well done with all fixing's-which include: mustard, lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, bacon, chili, pickles, black olives, and onion rings. If you have never had onion rings on a hamburger-you are missing something!
5. The Hodgepodge lands on the birthdate (February 12th) of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America. Lincoln is quoted as saying,'Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test his character give him power.' Do you agree? Why or why not?
Agree-We all have times when we have had to face adversity and our character is really tested, but I think your character is really tested when you have power and not fall to corruption or abuse the power.
6. Honest Abe's image is featured on the US penny (1 cent coin) so I'm wondering...what do you do with your pennies (or your country's equivalent)? It's been suggested the US stop making the penny, and two bills have been introduced proposing just that, but neither were approved. What say you?
Keep the penny!
No two dollar bills!
7. Do you think pop culture deserves serious study?
Yes, because if you want to understand people one must know what influences people.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We are expecting a major snow storm today-be safe all who live in the south.
Now enjoy some music.