1. When the children of today grow up, what do you think they'll say about this period in time? What do you most hope they remember?
I am afraid of what children of today think. Anxiously waiting to read responses of others!
2. National Teacher's Day is celebrated in the US of A on the first Tuesday in May, this year May 7th...share how a particular teacher positively impacted you.
A teacher that impacted me was my World History teacher, and he also taught Driver's Ed. I remember just talking with him about his favorite type of music. He was strict but fair. His classroom was organized and he didn't tolerate any nonsense. Years later, I taught English across the hall from him. There was a few times, when I caught myself listening to him lecture and thinking how many times he had to call a student down-this wouldn't have happened in my day.
3. What's a dish your mama made, that if set in front of you today would whisk you right back to childhood?
Brown sugar pies!
4. Mother May I was a game we played when I was growing up...no pieces, parts, or plugs required. What games from childhood do you remember loving that were also pieces, parts, and plug-free?
Playing kick-the can underneath the street light or playing red light, green light.
5. Besides your own mother, tell us about a woman who influenced you as a child?
My precious grandmother (on my father's side). She was rather large and I use to laugh hearing my grandfather ask her if a tow truck was needed to get her out of a vehicle. My grandmother was a devoted Christian woman. My oldest daughter has had 2 open heart surgeries, and my grandmother would cry and pray with me over the phone. I remember the second heart surgery daughter had-we were in Boston-the surgeon came in and said the surgery was needed or daughter would die within one year, but there was a 90% chance she would die on the operating table. I had to call my grandmother-and she prayed with me on the phone and I cried. She was something special-who influenced me more than my mother.
6. Mamma Mia! What's the best play or musical you've ever seen?
It has been so long since I have attended a play or musical-can't remember.
7. What are three smells that make you feel nostalgic?
country ham baking at Christmas, garden dirt, and burning leaves--all of these make me remember my childhood
8. Insert your own random thought here.
A busy weekend is ahead!