1. May is National Blood Pressure Month...what sends yours soaring, either literally or figuratively? What calms you down? When did you last have your bp checked?
What sends my blood pressure up is people who are continually late!!! Blood pressure soars when I tell a person we are leaving at a certain time and then I have to wait 20/30 minutes. I understand sometimes circumstances prevent from leaving at a certain time but when it is usually the same person holding all up then...it is not the circumstances. Often I have just wanted to leave the other person behind, but that would be rude of me.
Blood pressure checked a couple of months ago at the dentist and it was great.
2. You just found $1-what do you spend it on? How about 10$ 100?
Hum..what will a $1.oo buy?
$10.00-I would use on my Zumba lessons. Of course, the extra few bucks I have left could be spent on a candy bar. Daughter laughs when I get out of the shower after Zumba and begin eating potato chips, crackers, and cereal! I explain to her it is a mental break for me.
$100--Oh, I would go to the Dollar Tree and buy so much for my little group of 3 and 4 year olds-let's see I have around 20+ on Sunday and this would help me tremendously!
3. Mandatory labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food has been proposed, but not enacted in the US. How much attention do you give food labels before you buy? Are you in favor of labeling if it means an increase in food prices? Is this an issue you've been following and feel strongly about, or is this the first you've heard of the controversy?
Here lately, I have become more conscious of what the food labels say, and yes, I do read most of them. Haven't given it much thought to the price increase-all things come with a price, right? However, if we require the labeling of GE food, what about really knowing what chemicals farmers use to grow their products? This is the first I have heard of this controversy.
4. May 15th marks the birthdate of Frank Baum, author of The Wizard of Oz. At this point in time, are you more in need of brains, courage, heart, or a trip back home? Explain.
Courage-just some 'stuff' going on right now. I need courage to deal with and face these. I keep reminding myself of the Bible verse-"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
5. "There's no place like home" is an oft repeated line from Baum's book. When was the last time you felt the truth of that statement?
Hopefully, I have made my house a home for my daughters.
6. Steak...yes please or no thank you? What cut do you prefer and how do you like yours cooked? Sauce or no sauce? Besides your own kitchen, where's a place you like to go to get a great steak?
Hub is the top chef at my house, and he makes a mouth watery steak. Hubs grills out steak weather permitting, and no sauce for me. Places to get steak-how about my local grocery store (LOL). I hardly order steaks at a restaurant.
7. When was the last time you were in a genuine hurry?
Probably about 6 or 7 years ago. We were traveling to watch daughter play in a basketball game about an 8 hr. drive for us. Hub and I had the trip planned and we knew we would have plenty of time. Unfortunately we hadn't planned on sitting in traffic (accident) and then taking another route. I kept telling hub I wanted to arrive alive.
8. Insert your own random thought here.