Tuesday, January 2, 2024

2024 Word of the Year

 


My word for the 2024 year is...Setting Boundaries.


What does setting boundaries really mean?  To me, it means setting behaviors that are acceptable for an individual and that Individual is going to be ME!  Boundaries are not a bad thing.

I have never considered myself to be a push-over, but this year a lot of stuff happened and I just agreed to let it happen and kept my mouth shut.  I have lived longer than I have left to live and I don't need to feel guilty about saying 'no' or going places.  Boundaries are an important part of my emotional and physical health.   Because there are healthy boundaries!!

The past several months, I have really been taken advantage of.  I have felt guilty about taking short trips going out with friends, and hiding my tears.  This feeling hasn't been great.  Setting boundaries will I know cause some hard feelings and other things, but I can't keep continuing down this path. 

Setting boundaries, I know, isn't etched in stone, but it is a start for me.  

I usually tell a couple of friends my word of the year.  When I call and begin to vent, the friends remind me of my word.

Having boundaries will protect me.

Until next time...Enjoy Life!




2 comments:

  1. I haven't picked a word this year. Some years one lands in my lap, but honestly I haven't had a lot of time to really give this some thought. I usually get myself in gear by the second week of a new year so maybe will end up with one. Boundaries are healthy : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setting boundaries is something I need to work on! Jumped over to your blog from another (somewhere along the blog trail today...lol!) Happy New Year wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby this past weekend? Have you ever been to a horse race? Ever ridden a horse? Did you enjoy it? Have you...