Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. What's a change you'd like or need to make this year? 

To stop criticizing myself so much.  At least, quit calling myself 'stupid' when I do something.  

2. Break the ice, on thin ice, ice skating, tip of the iceberg, ice cold...which icy idiom applies to your life right now? Explain. 

Right now, the only one that applies to me is 'break the ice'   I try to make all feel comfortable around me when hosting an event.  


3. What's a project you've been putting off? Will you get to it this month? This year?

I really need to tackle some landscaping this year.  I put it off last year, but I have to get it done this summer.

4. Of the fruits that grow well in winter which ones have you tried? Which is your favorite? 

pomegranates, clementines, persimmons, passion fruit, pears, grapefruit, lemons, pomelos, kumquats


Grapefruit, pears, lemons, passion fruit, clementines.   My favorite is clementines


5. What do you think it means to be courageous? 

To me, courageous is stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new despite the anxiety you are feeling.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Getting back into the swing of things now that my break is over.  I am adjusting.

Daughter and hub (plus 3 kids and 2 dogs) purchased a house and will sign January 15th.  They had originally wanted to build (September started the process with blueprints, etc) and as of December hadn't even started.  So they purchased a 5,000 sq.ft house.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad for your kids and their new home. I'm sure you will enjoy the quiet, but also miss the noisy chaos. That's how it is with grandchildren in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving clementines/mandarins right now.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby this past weekend? Have you ever been to a horse race? Ever ridden a horse? Did you enjoy it? Have you...