Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. What advice would you give yourself as we begin this new year? 

My advice to myself is to learn to accept the things I cannot change.  Some people will never change, they will always be rude, disrespectful, and hurtful and think the world revolves around them.  I cannot change them even though I have tried to make amends somehow I wind up getting hurt.  I guess the saying..'A leopard can't change its spots' is true.

2. If you could throw a themed party for yourself what would the theme be? 

The Future

3. Tell us where you were and something about what life was like when you were 20- 21.

I had just met the love of my life that summer, after my second year of college.  We fell in love and when I was 21 was planning my wedding ...June 20th. My life was on the mountaintop and I was not having a care in the world. Looking back, I think I planned my wedding in about 5 months and now (at least with my own daughters) it takes a least a year of planning.  Those were the good ole days....finishing college, starting my career, and being happily married and living in Johnson City, Tennessee.

4. What's on the menu at your house this week? 
Soups  Since Sunday, it has been raining and so dreary.  The temps have gotten much cooler also.

5. What should you do more of this year? Less of? 

I will do more of focusing  on the good things and begin my day by saying, "Today is going to be better than yesterday!"
I will do less of having expectations of people, especially family.  Allow myself a break because you can't continuously be put down by others...just say "No" not allowing that.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

We are still having to give SOL (Standard of Learning Test) to students.  I can't believe it!  We are still remote learning and the students will come in the building for these test.  If a student does not have a way to school, transportation will be provided.  Thankful the SOL Test are only for 7th grade Civics (only half of the 7th graders because the other half is taking Science 7 which doesn't have a SOL Test) and 8th grade Physical Science and World Geography.  Being on a block schedule helps...but come spring WHAM!  A lot of test then.
Last spring when the governor said no test will be given in March (duh we were closed), I was disappointed because I wanted to see the progress my students had made.  I am just a little shocked that the governor has said to go ahead with the test since this has been a crazy year.

7 comments:

  1. My number one is similar to yours - accept what I can handle. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your answer to the second part of question 5 - less expectations of others - really good! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all have to do what we can to accept what we can't handle, and not let it make us angry either. Thats challenging for sure. I hope your relationships bring you joy this year, and there is peace in these areas that are so difficult in 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if we were living in JC at the same time???
    Our governor said we're testing this year, too. We've been mainly in person but parents have the option for virtual. We've had a few days where we all have been virtual. We just went back on a staggered schedule and it's going to continue next week; I guess to see what the numbers are like. This is a crazy time, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. went to ETSU 1977-1981 and then hub and I lived in Bluff City for a few months.

      Delete
  6. I like your answer to #1. Accept what we can't change.
    Re #5: my daughter has recently been saying, If that is the worst that happens today (this week), it will be an ok week.
    Here's to a better 2021!

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter P

  P Playing with Grandsons H ow can one not smile when around their grandchildren?   My grandsons just make me feel better when I am around ...