Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Cooking ...with Wednesday Medley



National Pigs in a Blanket Day - April 24



1.  Typically served as an hors d'oeuvre, have you ever made or had a Pig-in-a-Blanket?  Do you like Pigs-in-a-Blanket?
Yes, I like Pigs-in-a-Blanket
2.  Pigs-in-a-blanket are also known as devils on horseback, kilted sausages, and wiener winks. (Seriously.)  Please make up another name for this fun little appetizer!
Red Hot Poker!!  A hot dog is red and I have heard people call a pig a poker!

3.  In the UK, pigs-in-blankets are small sausages, or chipolatas wrapped up in bacon.  Which country's version is most appealing to your taste buds?
I don't think I would like the UK version of pigs-in-a-blanket.
4.  The first written record of pigs-in-a-blanket occurs in Betty Crocker's Cooking for Kids in 1957.  In this digital world, do you still have a favorite cookbook you use most of the time?  Is there a recipe you can share with us from that cookbook?
I usually pull out my cookbooks as we approach the Christmas season. My favorite is Boiled Custard....here is the recipe....8 eggs (yolks), 1 cup of sugar, 4 Tbsp.flour, vanilla flavoring, 1/2 gal. milk. Directions: Mix egg yolks, sugar and flour. Put milk in double boiler and let milk get hot but not boiling. Pour ingredients in milk and add vanilla. Cook until mixture coasts a spoon. This make 1/2 gallon.


5.  What is your favorite cooking show on TV?
Not really into watching cooking shows on television.  If I do happen to come across one, I would watch the Pioneer Woman.

6.  Tell us something random about your week, please!
I learned how to use the riding mower!!!   I was able to go in reverse instead of circles.
We had a nice Easter...the weather was horrible on Friday and Saturday, BUT the sun came out Sunday!
Have a great week...
Enjoy Life

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice Easter. With some riders, it's quite an accomplishment to learn how to use them! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not worked a riding mower since I was a teenager.... oh so many years ago... Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Go you! Riding mowers are difficult! I have a hard time remembering which handle drops the blade down and which handle shifts! HA! Have a great week! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how exciting to learn to ride the riding lawn mower! I think if we had one, I would be ok with mowing the lawn again. hahahaha I am just getting too old to push mow anymore. Glad the sun came out for you on Easter! Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our weather for Easter was beautiful, too, but gray and stormy on Good Friday. Thanks for joining the Medley today! I am happy that most folks like pigs in a blanket and the Pioneer Woman wins favorite cooking show, hands down! We don't mow anymore but a riding mower would be fun! Glad you mastered it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The custard recipe sounds good. Thank you for sharing! And good for you on learning to use the riding mower!

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge Letter S

  S Sunrise/Sunset I have two for this one. Sunrise Let’s be clear, I DO NOT get up every morning to see the sunrise. A sunrise to me is the...