1. What's one thing that's still the same about you as when you were young?
My poor eyesight!! I am still blind as a bat.
2. What's more important-history or science? Why?
Science-just because of all the knowledge and inventions from our famous inventors- Benjamin Franklin to Henry David Thoreau science helps us move forward. However, with history, one should learn from their mistakes, right? and history helps one learn from the past.
3. Lima, kidney, string, garbanzo, black or pinto-your favorite bean?
Pinto beans. A favorite dish-pinto beans, cornbread, garden green onions, and a can of tomatoes. Yummy!
4. What's something people come to your town to do?
This weekend is Chilhowie's Apple Festival. The festivities started last weekend-Kick-Off Event with a concert in town and beauty pageants. Friday, the vendors set up on the 'green' for three days, Saturday will be the parade and band competitions, and Sunday will be gospel singing. The Apple Festival use to be HUGE; Chilhowie was booming with all the apple orchards and many people came from all over. Now there are no longer any apple orchards-housing development took over but the town still celebrates.
5. When was the last time you were in a meeting? Sum it up for us in five words or less.
Massive amounts of paperwork-Government
6. What special event would you like a VIP pass to attend?
I would like to sit down to dinner with many First Ladies--just to name a few-Hillary Clinton,
7. What's one piece of advice you'd give a writer?
Be able to show your readers-not just tell. Prove to me it is a good day by using specific words, be able to capture my attention in the first couple of paragraphs-I need a hook, and please don't spoon food me-let me make up my own mind -just don't tell me the ending all of the time. Uh-Oh-that's was more than one.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Something I have thought about lately-be kind to one another for one doesn't know the news that person has just received or what that person is going through. All it may take is just a simple "hello" or a smile.