Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge







1. What's something you're never too young or too old to enjoy?

Games-hide-and-seek, ring around the rosie, volleyball, basketball or just a fun game of corn hole.  Sometimes my body says I am not as young as I use to be, but my mind says -oh go ahead.  To me, I am never too old (ahem)

2. Share one happy memory from your high school years.

Attending my first 'sock hop' -getting ready, being nervous, and hoping the boy of my dreams would ask me to dance and having so much fun being in the high school band!

3. A nationwide strike of fast food employees took place in the U. S. last week...they're calling for higher wages and the right to unionize? Your thoughts?

I have to admit I didn't know about the strike-My thoughts most employees are teenagers who are living with their parents, college students wanting extra spending money, or retired employees wanting extra money.  We all feel at one time or another that we are overworked and underpaid. If this results in higher wages, would one also expect higher food prices, etc?

4. September is National Honey Month...what's a favorite dish you make or eat that calls for honey?

Don't know one; however, I do put honey in coffee sometimes.  Since you mentioned honey, did ya'll know that honey is great for you.  Eat one teaspoon of honey (must be local-in a 10 mile radius) and you will be amazed at the way you begin to feel.

5.  If you notice someone with a tag sticking out, a button unbuttoned, a shirt on inside-out, or some leftover lunch stuck between their teeth do you say something or do you keep quiet?

When comes to clothing and I am close friends with that person, I will usually fix the collar or tag and tell the person that he/she has missed a button.  I can't tell someone they have food in their teeth unless I am asked that question then I tell. 

6. What movie always makes you cry?  Or at least makes you feel like crying?

Oh Gosh!  Most romance movies make me cry-heck I cry watching Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.

7.   'Mary Had a Little Lamb' was written in May of 1830, and published inJuvenile Miscellany in September of that same year.  Now for the fun part...create your own four line rhyme using that same tune.

Tammy had two daughters,( da-au ters)
daughters, daughters,
Tammy had two daughters
Whose Mom was very proud!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

We opened up the coffee shop after the ballgame Friday night.  Pleased with the turnout.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad things went well on opening night! Hope you get lots of traffic this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dances were always exciting in H.S. Love your poem :)

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...