Sunday, September 8, 2013




This has been a busy weekend and also a weekend to reflect on life.

Hub and I have had grandson to keep since Thursday.  Friday after school, we took him to a birthday party one of his friends was having.  Saturday, I attended a baby shower and had a few errands to run.

This weekend has also been filled with hospital visits.  My brother-in-law and daughter took my mother-in-law to the emergency room Wednesday.  Hub and I went down later that night.  MIL has not been taking her heart medication for two weeks and the doctor seemed to think this was the main problem.  They kept her over night just to regulate the meds and hopefully she would be discharged Thursday.  MIL is 78 years old and weighs probably 80 pounds.  She was not discharged and has taken a turn for the worse.  The nurses have told us she probably will not make it home.  Hub and I talked last night and realized MIL hasn't been the same in a long time-especially since father-in-law passed away 4 years ago.  MIL has always been happy, but here lately hasn't been.  Through our tears last night, hub and I shared many stories of earlier years.  This is what we all hold on to, right?  The good memories and stories.  I pray for comfort for my MIL and her sons as they deal with death knocking on our door.
MIL middle name is Grace so..



http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Jbe7OruLk8I

1 comment:

  1. I'll be thinking of you and your family Tammy. I love that version of Amazing Grace, and also find it comforting when I'm low. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge....Letter U

  U Unicorns When my daughters were younger, they loved unicorns.  Personally, I was fascinated by their colors. The other day, I saw a few ...