Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wednesday's Hodgepodge


Wednesday's Hodgepodge
http://joyce-fromthissideofthepond.blogspot.com/

1. Have you ever been to the US capital-Washington DC? If so, what's your favorite site? If not, what would you most like to see on a visit to that city someday in the future? Is it even on your list of places to visit?
I love all the sites in DC-they seem to all touch me in some way.  I haven't been able to see the Holocaust Museum and this will be on my list of places to see the next time I am in DC,  My oldest daughter has seen the Holocaust Museum and she loved it.



2. When did you last attend a wedding? Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? Were you a summer bride? If you're single, is summer the season of your dream wedding?

The last summer wedding I attended,was 3 years ago. 

Summer bride yes--June 20th will be 30 yrs.

All weddings are beautiful and make me cry.




3. What is your favorite way to eat strawberries?

Strawberry pie would have to be my favorite.
Last week I had a student bring me 2 gallons of strawberries.  After washing the strawberries and capping them, I placed them in the refrigerator.  This weekend was a scorcher!!!!--so I noticed my strawberries were shrinking.  Daughter #2 was just taking them out of the bag and popping them in her mouth.  She told me this really cooled her off.   So I tried this and not to tasty for me.  I decided to make a fruit dip and yum, yum---what a cool treat.




4. What is one thing you are especially looking forward to this summer?

So many things to get done---I desperately need to do some serious cleaning--not looking forward to!!!  I will be going to New York in June, so I am very excited about this-first time trip to New York!!! 





5. Do you use/like the self checker at the grocery store?

Depends-If I am in an extremely hurry, I use the self-checker.  I don't mind using them because I usually bag my own groceries anyway!!!!



6. Share a favorite piece of common sense advice.
A Yiddish proverb I use to tell my daughters:  "Seek advice but use your common sense."
Another piece of advice I would give them--If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives.  Then you will be afraid to cough!!!  LOL!!!




7. Barefoot, flip flops, tennis shoes, sassy sandals-your first choice for summertime?

Flip-flops were my first choice--Closely in second would be sassy sandals.



8. Insert your own random thought here.

I certainly hope I can comment this week.  I do like reading other entries and commenting, but every time I tried to comment I was sent back to my homepage :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter P

  P Playing with Grandsons H ow can one not smile when around their grandchildren?   My grandsons just make me feel better when I am around ...