Wednesday, May 25, 2011

http://joyce-fromthissideofthepond.blogspot.com/"



1. What is something about living in this country that you value? 'This country' is whatever country you call home.


Freedom-Even though prayer is no longer allowed in school, I can still bow my head and pray before I eat lunch without being killed.  Freedom to give my opinion on a subject without fear.  I think freedom is something we all take for granted and as citizens we don't realize the freedoms we have in America.



2. What is a favorite something you own that is red, white, and/or blue?

American Flag and a shirt I wear to school on holidays.



3. Do you fly a flag at your house on patriotic holidays?

The house we purchased has a flagpole memorial.  The lady built the memorial in honor of her brother who served in the Korean War.  It lights up at night.




4. What ingredients do you think should be included in a great picnic basket?

Chicken, drinks (you chose), cheese, crackers, and fruit.  A great sunny day with a cool breeze would be great!!



5. What is one interesting piece of trivia you know? Interesting is of course a relative term.

I guess you might call this trivia--but since I have a daughter in pharmacy school I have learned something I didn't know before.  She has informed me if Nate (who is 2 yrs.old) was to drink antifreeze or something that was poison-to not give him milk, but beer--yep she said beer-this would flush his kidneys out quicker and then get to the doctor as soon as possible.  For some reason, I always thought milk, so a person would throw up-guess I have been wrong.
But I have heard the average chocolate bar has insect legs in it.  Has anyone else heard this???????



6. Wednesday, May 24th is National Escargot day...have you ever tried them? Eww or ooh?

Well, I had to look up the word--are you kidding me????  No never tried and I don't think I ever will.



7. What is one thing you know for sure?

People keeps asking how I have gotten through so much "stuff" in my life.  My response is God does not put more on you than you can handle--I know this for sure!!!!  Of course, I kept repeating this to myself as I faced many trials.



8. Insert your own random thought here.

My husband got a good report from his oncologist today.  He doesn't have to go back until August.  Praise The Lord!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter Q

  Q Q Quietness Quietness It used to unsettle me when I had nothing to do and it was quiet.   But now I enjoy the quietness.  I still have d...