Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imaginative thinking) or original thinker (creative)? What makes you say so? You can try this little quiz (link here) to help with your answer. 

According to the little quiz I am a doer and an original thinker both were 50%.  I do think in practical terms and I like to try and look at ideas and problems through different perspectives. My lowest score was analyst thinker which is so true. I do not like to think in abstract terms nor do I process information through codes.

2. Do you own a crock pot, air fryer, and/or instapot? Do you leave said small appliance sitting out? How often do you use it/them? Favorite thing to make in one of these? 

I do own a crock pot and an air fryer.  I leave my air fryer sitting out. I use my air fryer the most especially with the grandkids; a quick easy way to fix something for them.  My favorite thing to make in the air fryer is bacon and fresh veggies.

3. What's something you hold a strong opinion on that matters not at all in the grand scheme of things? 

I still believe that Pluto is a planet even though science is saying otherwise.

4. Describe the view from your window. 

A heavy frost is on the ground this morning.  The grass is shining.  The sky is so blue and cloudless.  The sun is shining brightly.  There are many broken tree limbs in my yard from the harsh wind a couple of days ago, and I still see patches of brown spots, but the grass is starting to turn green.

5. Do you have a favorite brand? Explain.

When wearing jeans, I love Judy Blue Jeans.  These jeans are so comfortable. I wear a lot of leggings to school and my brand is lularoe; I won't wear anything else.

These are the only two brands that I won't budge from other than that I am pretty flexible with the other brands of clothing, shoes, and accessories.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

I went on a short trip with four other girls this weekend.  First stop was Roanoke where I stayed with an ole college friend.  Four of us left from her apartment and the other friend traveled from Richmond.  We went to Luray, Virginia.  They were calling for snow and we were all so excited.

This is all the snow we saw the next morning. ugh

We went shopping, visited an art museum, ate, played games till the wee hours of the morning, and ate so much snacks and had some beverages.  It was so nice to just get a way for a few days to enjoy each other's company.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a fun weekend away. I head the other day we are the only state that hasn't had any snow anywhere this winter. Apparently part of Hawaii even had snow! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about Pluto being a planet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A second vote for Pluto is a planet here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to look up Luray for when I venture up to VA. The Virginia Creeper Trail is on my list, as is the Barter Theater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt like the quiz fit me too. I've wanted to try some Judy Blue Jeans. I hear so many things about them, but never want to pay the price. I have also loved Lularoe and have several leggings. I had some shirts and a skirt I LOVED but then I lost weight and couldn't wear it. I was kind of sad...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still like Lularoe clothing too. Your trip to Luray sounds like fun, even if the snow wasn't quite what you'd hoped for. Sorry I'm a week late in visiting, and it's now time for another Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...letter W

  W Watermelon When I was in middle school, we have moved back to Saltville.  My dad bought a farm.  We didn't live on the farm he purch...