Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. Something you've waited for recently? 

Honestly, can't think of anything.

2. What's something you loved to do as a child? 

I loved playing with Barbies and playing outside games such as Mother May I, Red Light/Green Light, and Red Rover.

3. Something you learned from a grandparent? 

God comes first and to make a difference in humanity.

4. The most visited cities in the world last year (according to this site) were-Bangkok, Paris, London, Dubai, and Singapore. Have you been to any of the cities mentioned? Which would you most like to see? How do you feel about international travel in general these days? 

I have not been to any of these cities.  If I had to choose one to visit, it would definitely be London.  I would love to see Shakespeare Globe Theater, Westminster Abbey, and the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace.

I am a little leary about international travel.

5. February is the perfect month to ______________________.

Plan your summer trips!!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

A couple of weeks ago, I broke a tooth off.  I went to the dentist this morning and now scheduled to go back FOUR times for a root canal and a crown.  GEEZ!!!  I am not going to mention the price that would be a double GEEZ!!  Anyway, I like my dentist and have going to him for years and he knows a lot about my family and stuff.  This morning he mentioned to me that I look very tired...Yep, I am.  I was gone to basketball games on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday evening till 10:00p. and at a basketball game on Saturday morning at 9.am.  Thursday, I went to my exercise class...so I am still a little drained.  Quick as I got in the car, I started looking at myself in the mirror and wondering was he trying to be nice and saying I look tired or do I look awful!!  To me, I look the same as always!

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!!


4 comments:

  1. I always find that an odd comment. Is it out of concern or just making conversation or do I really look tired? Of course I am often tired lol. Have a nice relaxing weekend this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we went to London we skipped the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace and instead went to the changing of the Horse Guard. It wasn't nearly as crowded and it was pretty laid back. Very cool! Hope you get some rest this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great lesson from your grandparents. Those childhood games were fun. Yikes, sorry about the broken tooth and now all that added dental work. Hope it all goes smoothly. Things have gotten away from me this week and I'm late visiting hodgepodgers! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I liked playing Barbies too! Sorry about your broken tooth and the cost of dealing with it. I broke one just about a year ago and decided to get it extracted and get an implant. I'm STILL in the process and the cost?! Oh my stars, it's insane. Hope I can keep the rest of my teeth intact for a LONG time! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.  Mayday! Mayday! ...when was the last time (or a recent time) you literally or figuratively needed to call for help? Elaborate.  Two we...