Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. What does love mean to you? 

Love is thinking more of someone else (your partner) more than yourself.  It is supporting one another, encouraging one another, respecting one another, communicating with one another (no texting) and giving and taking.  

I know I might ruffle some feathers, but I never thought marriage was 50/50.  There were some days I needed more than 50 and other days where I needed only 10.

2. Is love blind? 

Yes, I think so.  If you truly love someone, you can look over some of that person's abnormal traits.  You can turn a blind eye to them.

3. How do you remember Valentine's Day as a kid? Do you have any special plans for the day this year? 

I remember in elementary school making my own Valentine's Day mailbox.  It was made out of a Kleenex by box and decorated with all the glitter and stickers.  Each classmate would drop a card in each other's mailbox.
My precious daddy would get me a box of candy.

This year I will be by myself so no plans.

4 Are you a fan of the movie genre known as 'rom-com'? What's your favorite (or one of your favorites)?

Some romantic comedy movies I like.  If I had to pick a favorite, it would be How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.  The humor is witty and I like Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey.

5. What's something you recently put your heart into? 

Traveling to basketball games to watch my grandson, Nate (the only time I can see him).  Traveling to high school sporting events has been something I can say I have put my heart into.  Yes, my daughter played, but hub was living at the time.  There were 20 games this year, and some of the places I had never heard of.  Also, the games were mostly quad games...which started at 4 with JV girls, 5 with JV boys (the one grandson played), 6:15 with Varsity girls and 7:45 with Varsity boys.  It took a lot of planning trying to get to his games at 5.  Often I was blocked in and had to sit through the entire quad games.  Getting home at 10:30, starving, and then grading papers, and getting ready for the next school day was difficult. But I did it!! and put my heart into every game!

6. Insert your own random thought here.  



Last night was the final night.  They won the Junior Varsity Championship Game!  WooHoo!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad there's a way for you to at least see your grandson. I know that is very painful and pray one day that changes. They do grow up and can make their own choices about such things at some point. Congrats to your grandsons team on the win! All those games sound exhausting on top of school. Hope you get a nap now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen that movie but I have a friend who loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great that you have been able to go to those games. Congrats to the champions. I'm with you on the fact that marriage is not 50/50. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your grandson's team! My daddy used to say that marriage is 110% each (which doesn't add up) because rarely does what we both need = 100%. Sometimes we have to be the one to give more and sometimes our spouse does. I know it doesn't make sense mathematically but it has always stuck in my mind that it is not 50/50

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valentines Day as a child was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.  Mayday! Mayday! ...when was the last time (or a recent time) you literally or figuratively needed to call for help? Elaborate.  Two we...