1. On Saturday July 4th America celebrates her Independence. (If you're not American, feel free to answer in terms of a national holiday in your own country) What is your favorite thing about the day? Your favorite food on the 4th? Do you fly a flag at your house? Fireworks-yay or nay? Any special plans this year?
Watching parades and people celebrating our independence and for once people respecting our flag and our National Anthem-(removing hats as the song is played and saying the pledge) this is just a few of my favorite things about this day. I really don't have a favorite food on the Fourth; however, if I were still living in Baltimore it would definitely be crabs!! Oh how I love hard steamed crabs.
My flag is displayed at my house. As for fireworks-I don't mind watching them. I remember taking daughters when they were younger and oldest daughter was not a fan of the noise-still is not a fan at 27 haha.
2. What's something you recently got for free?
Expense (author unknown)
3. The Statue of Liberty, The Liberty Bell, The Washington Monument, or Mount Rushmore...how many on the list have you seen? What is your favorite historical American monument, and why?
I have see The Statue of Liberty and The Washington Monument. My favorite was the Statue of Liberty; a sign of freedom. I would love to see The Liberty Bell.
4. When it comes to the news are you more ostrich (stick my head in the sand) or hog (they have room to take a whole lot in)? How much attention have you given the recent news reports regarding ISIS and the acts of terror they've perpetrated against those who do not share their beliefs or support their cause?
I am more of an ostrich; I need to analyze it on my own time.
I have paid attention to the reports regarding ISIS and I cringe at the actions these people take.
5. We're talking plain ice cream...vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry? Choose one.
6. Share a song you love containing the word 'stars' in the lyrics or title?
Earth, wind, and Fire--"Shining Star"
7. Describe and/or say goodbye to June with an acrostic.
Until, I realize you are slipping away
Now closer to daughter's wedding
Excited, yet somewhat sad.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am feeling much better!