1. Do you manage your own money or do you have a financial planner who helps in some way? Do those kinds of conversations stress you out? A lot or a little?
We have a great friend, who is our financial planner-. Having conversations with him, stresses me out to the MAX!!
2. The second week of October is Pet Peeve Week. Off the top of your head, share TWO of your current pet peeves.
Pet Peeve #1--People pretending to be something they are not. I know a person who does not have custody of her two children-but claims to love another man's child and proceeds to tell this other man's child that she does not have any children-only had her picture made with them. I don't understand why someone would do emotional damage to a young child.
Pet Peeve #2--People who are always negative! It is very hard at work to be positive when sometimes you are surrounded with negativity.
3. What is one thing you'd like to learn right now, this very week if you could?
How to tackle more handy-man-jobs-around the house.
4. How concerned are you about the recent health related news concerning Ebola? How about Enterovirus D68?
I am very concerned about Ebola--and I can't understand how we can let our guard down on something like this. I feel the same about Enterovirus-. We need to educate ourselves about Ebola and Enterovirus and not take this so lightly.
5. Garfield, Nemo, or Tigger-your favorite orange cartoon character?
6. I'm going to see Gone Girl with my neighborhood book club this week. So often books made into film are disappointing. What's a book turned film you thought was well done, in that the casting was 'like you pictured' when you read the book, and the film plot remained mostly true to the book plot?
The first one that comes to my mind is The Help. I pictured the characters the way they were all portrayed.
Gone Girl is my book club's book for the month of November.
7. What is one story your family always tells about you?
Food stories--I am not known as a cook but I can clean a kitchen spotless!! First food story-I cooked spoiled meat-I knew the meat was spoiled but I thought if I cooked it-then it would be okay--Second food story-Using my Fry Daddy for french fries-forgot to take off the lid-french fries came out with black specks-I had no earthly idea why until I began looking for the Fry Daddy lid!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Stormy weather for the past couple of days. The thunderstorms have woken me up lately.
After my day today, I checked e-mail and someone had sent me this:
"A day well lived does not have to include anything more than celebrating this Divine world through simple breathing."