Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge






First, the recipe of my mom's brown sugar pies.

1c whole milk
1c canned mik (condensed)
1 stick of butter
3 egg yolks
4 Tbsp.flour
1c brown sugar
1tsp.vanilla
Put milk and butter in pan and let come to a boil,  beat together the egg yolks, flour, sugan and vanilla.  Add to milk mixture and let come to  boil.  Pour into baked pie shell.  Tog with meringue and bake until golden brown.


Now on to answering the questions.

1. Have you learned more from success or failure? Explain.

Failure-when you fail at something than you learn from it and I  remember the failure more.  One could learn from success as well.

2.  What did you call your grandparents when you were growing up? If you have children, what do they call your parents? If you have grandchildren, what do they call you?.

I called them Mamow and Papaw.  My step grandson calls me Mamow. 

3.  You're invited to a luau.  In keeping with that theme, what dish will you bring to share? 

Fruit dish-not a chef here..so how about pineapples, coconuts, grapes, melons, etc.

4. Besides Jesus, what one person's life story do you think everyone should know about?

Billy Graham

5. "Don't sweat the small stuff." Agree or Disagree? Why?

Agree and the older I become the more I agree with this statement. One needs to quit getting worked up over something that is trivial.  Of course what is trivial to one may not be to others.

6.  June is National Rivers Month. When were you last on a river? What's the prettiest river you've ever seen? What's a river you'd like to see? 

Honestly can't remember any rivers I have been on.  Brain dead on a river I would like to see.

7.  Speaking of rivers-paddling, fishing, swimming, or bird watching safely from the shore? Which activity would you choose? Yes-you have to choose. 

Not a fan of rivers-would have to be bird watching.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Enjoying the sunshine after the rain.  Hope the rain holds off for a few more days.

4 comments:

  1. Heck I've been brain dead on so many things, they can't seem to revive me. [insert wink]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your the first Mamow I read today. I kinda said that for the Don't Sweat the Small Stuff. In the beginning of someones life the small can feel big! Thanks for the recipe.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The brown sugar pie sounds delish. I might have to try that one! Thanks for the recipe : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. #4) Billy Graham. I have his autobiography, Just As I Am, and haven't read it yet.. Sounds like you'd think it a good idea if I did? I picked the book up at a garage/rummage sale somewhere, and I just remember how much my grandmother liked him... As for the brown sugar pie? Now THAT sounds good to me too! Thanks for sharing your mom's recipe! ~tina

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...