1. Noah Webster was born this week back in 1758....besides the online version, do you own a dictionary? Do you ever use the hardback copy or is your hunt for a definition strictly online these days?
Mostly, I use a hardback/paperback copy. I like to be able to mark the place and then refer to it as needed.
2. Should public schools ban Halloween celebrations? What about other holiday celebrations currently under fire?
At my school, we don't have Halloween celebrations. At the elementary level, I think the kindergartens celebrate Halloween by wearing their costumes to school and then they go around to the businesses in town for Trick or Treat. At my church, we have a Truck or Treat-people dress up and hand out candy from the trunk of their car on our church parking lot. This has been a huge success.
As for as other holiday celebrations go, we may put up a Christmas Tree in our rooms or decorate our door. So far, we have been allowed to do this without 'much heat' from the 'higher ups.'
3. What's your favorite 'dog' movie?
"Marley and Me"
4. When were you last somewhere you'd describe as 'too quiet'?
About a week ago-no one was home but me. This is highly unusual-my house is always bubbling with noise. Hub was gone, grandson at his house, and both daughters not home--too quiet for me. However, I kinda enjoyed it a teeny bit.
When I cook, I try to clean as I go. Hub says this is why I am not such a great cook-I have too many pans in the fire at once. His suggestion is to cook, then clean.
6. Did you hear about Felix Baumgartner, the skydiver who broke the sound barrier via parachute? Was your first thought COOL! or was your first thought CRAZY! Are you adventurous?
Crazy was my first thought.
7. What's not a word but should be?
The only one I can think of is woot!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Hub got a good report from his oncologist on Monday-next check up is in six months. I have started a Relay for Life Team-slogan:
Can 'Soar' Society-Together we can rise above cancer. Have I mentioned lately how much I despise that word???