Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge



Thanks to Joyce for the questions.  Grab the button and hop on over  and join the fun.

1. The NFL playoffs were held this past weekend and this year'sSuperbowl lineup will feature The New York Giants versus The New England Patriots. How do you define 'patriot'?

The dictionary and definition we teach students:  one who loves, supports, and defends one's country.  A vague definition, don't you think?  To me the word 'patriot'   is someone who goes the extra mile to defend our freedoms, and one who strives to uphold the ideals we hold so true.   'Patriot' is also a devotion to a cause that will benefit society.

2. What's something in your life right now that feels like a 'giant'?
Just hearing the "C' (cancer) word will always be a 'giant'-once you have had experience with it.

3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think back to being 18?

I was 17 when I graduated from high school; I turned 18 in July.  I remember being excited about going away (leaving home) to college.

4. Coconut-mashed potatoes-vanilla ice cream-mayonnaise...which white food would be the hardest to give up?

This is an easy one for me!!   Not a fan of  any of these!   

5. Describe an incident or a day you remember as the coldest you've ever experienced?
A hard one for me to remember since we are experiencing temperatures way  above normal.

6. You're hosting a brunch...what's your favorite dish to prepare and serve?
Some type of casserole-hash brown probably, many breadfstuffs, and lots and lots of fruit.

7. How do you combat negative thinking?
I have a five minute devotion book I read every morning.  This helps me get through the day.  I also hum a favorite song....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mmgV6mPvb0

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Charlie is snoring-a sound I love to hear right now.  He had his colonoscopy this morning, and the doctor was pleased with his findings-only 3 polyps.  Praise The Lord!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter T

  T Tomatoes   When I first started planting a garden, I had no idea what I was doing.  But I love it! I bought my tomato plants home and ca...