A week from -----


It's that time of the year when one goes to one gathering after another, and eat
and eat, and aww...the feeling.
Now, don't get me wrong, but sometimes-I just want to relax with
friends, put my feet up, laugh, eat, and drink.  Of course, one may
spend the night if she chooses.

Have you ever had a week from ----?  This week was my week.  First of
\all, we are in school until December 20.  I did say December 20th!  Whew! Let
me recap my week.......
Monday was Parent-Teacher Conference Night-Yep-Monday. With
all the Christmas Festivities-we had Parent-Teacher Conferences.
Tuesday-I was proud of my accomplishments.  I had ordered
both daughters' birthday presents and relieved a sigh of
relief when I found out all presents would
arrive December 24.  Hippie---birthdays are December 26
and December 30. 
Wednesday we had professional development after school.



  Another
long day at school with much to do.  Gosh!  I needed to begin
wrapping gifts, some baking, and errands  to run.
Thursday---the Worse Day EVER!  I found out
the website I had purchased gifts from was a hoax.  





 OOPS!   After
many hours of talking on the phone and crying, I was
able to cancel my credit card.





  Both daughters
had to be notified (they have credit card number) and then
my husband.  I dreaded telling him!  Shew--  Gifts that
were previously ordered will not be here-since card cancelled.
Friday--phone call from a dear friend, who retired two
years ago.  She was having a 
'girls night out'.  After telling
her about my week, she said this would
be what I needed.  Right she was!  We all laughed,
talked, and ate till the wee hours of the morning.


Saturday I went to the mall searching for gifts.  Walking in and out
of stores searching for the perfect gifts, I purchased a  few items and
standing in the ever so long lines, I headed home.
Sunday afternoon, I sat down with daughters and hub and had a long, long discussion.  
Why do we get so upset when something does not go 
our way.  Yeah, I made a huge mistake ordering
from a website without checking it out, and I have
learned a lesson. But is this anyway to enjoy
Christmas-going around with a sour look on
our face because we will not get what we want
on Christmas Day.  Christmas is about celebrating
Christ's Birthday-not our wants and wishes.  
I reminded my family--If our greatest needs was presents and
money-God would have sent us an economist.  But since our greatest
need was forgiveness, "God Sent Us a Savior" by Roy Lessin.
On Christmas Day, hub (with some assistance) from me, will
cook breakfast and then we will all attend church.  Praising God on
His Birthday!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Get-A-Way

Weekend Catch-up

First Round