Sunday, December 25, 2011

Silent Night


After Christmas Day, it is a Silent Night at my house-not a creature is stirring only hub snoring.  The stockings are no longer hung by the chimney-all taken down-tomorrow is #2 daughter's 22nd birthday.

We had our traditional breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, ham, oysters, gravy, and cooked apples. 


After breakfast, we headed to church with our stomachs full!  No tummies growling on this beautiful Christmas Morn.  Usually, I hear a symphony of sounds on Sunday mornings.

After the sermon, all flew to the door-visions of presents danced in our heads.  Only a few minutes for pictures-and hurry please-cause we really need to hurry and change our clothes.
Daughter #2 and me.




Then we began to open up presents....



Let the music begin----



Part of the wonder of Christmas comes with the sights, sounds, and smells of the season.  They carry a certain  nostalgia allowing us to relieve the magical moments of our favorite Christmas memories-whether it is waking up to a blanket of snow on the ground, laughter of children, or receiving an answer to a prayer spoken to God. I need to tell everyone  Charlie's CT scan
showed to tumors!!!  Praise God!  This was the best Christmas Present Ever!!


Celebrating the birthday of Jesus Christ is the true story of Christmas.  As I listen to the silence, I am so glad God chose to become human and save the world from sin and offer life everlasting to people everywhere.

I hope all had a wonderful Christmas.




 

Charlie and I will be taking a few days to ourselves---so looking forward to our 'little get-a-way.'  Daughter #2 leaves tomorrow to head back to college-basketball practice.  So we are going to steal a few days while we can.
Blessed Happy New Year to All!














No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge Letter S

  S Sunrise/Sunset I have two for this one. Sunrise Let’s be clear, I DO NOT get up every morning to see the sunrise. A sunrise to me is the...