Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge





Hop on over and join the fun!

1. Of all the tools and gadgets you own which do you most enjoy using?


Right now----it is my wine opener!

2. When (if ever) is impatience a virtue?


The word 'impatience' has been in my dictionary for life.  A bad characteristic I tend to have most often.  In  certain situations/circumstances (which is totally beyond my control) impatience is a virtue.   It is important to know when waiting is the best option (not for me, I usually try to make something happen) and when enough is enough.
So...Impatience is a virtue when dealing with a problem and you want an answer right now......

3. What temperature do you keep your thermostat set to in winter? Do you have another way to heat your house besides a furnace of some type?
Our heat pump is set to 69 until I have a hot flash and I turn it to around 50!!

4. Do/did you have a close relationship with any of your grandparents?

Yes, most definitely.  I was close to both sets of grandparents.  For many years, I would go to Baltimore and spend the summer with my mom's mother.  As I became more involved with high school activities and off to college these trips ceased.  My dad's parents lived in my same neighborhood.  I was also very close to them.  As a matter of fact, it was my dad's mother who helped me with all my wedding activities and who visited and stayed by my side with the birth of my daughters.  She was also the one I called when daughter #1 was having her second open heart surgery in Boston.  My dad's mom was a woman who was loving, caring, and a fine Christian woman.

5. When did you last have a family portrait taken?
A long, long time ag0.  It has been at least 21 years.  I do believe it is time for one!

6. What does the word patriotism mean to you?

I can't think of patriotism without thinking of the men/women who sacrificed to make our country free.Patriotism -standing up for your country.  Whether you agree or disagree with the leaders of our county, we must stand up for our country's beliefs--freedom and the principle we still have on our money--"In God We Trust."  One must support the men/women in the military.  "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing."
A person needs to do his/her part to help our country(numerous ways to volunteer -school, shelters, churches) a better place.

7. Do you like to play cards and if so, what's your favorite card game?
My favorite card game would have to be rook.  We usually host a rook tournament at our house on New Year's Eve. 
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Paperwork, paperwork--doesn't end.  I tend to take one step forward and six steps backward in this area!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A-Z Challenge...Letter P

  P Playing with Grandsons H ow can one not smile when around their grandchildren?   My grandsons just make me feel better when I am around ...