Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


From this Side of the Pond

1. What impresses you?

I am impressed by personality traits:  kindness, honesty, empathy, etc.

2.  Where are you in your family birth order? Do you fit the stereotype of that particular slot? In what way?

I am the first born in my family.  I fit the stereotype in that I am conscientious, caretaker, responsible and bossy,

3. What motivates you more-a reward or a consequence? Elaborate. 

When I was younger, a consequence motivated me more.  There was no way I wanted a consequence from my parents.

Now, a reward motivates me more.  Wearing jeans to school because of great test scores, or having cupcakes/cookies because of hard work!  Also, I reward myself by enjoying a carefree weekend with a glass of wine after a project is complete!

4. May 14th is National Buttermilk Biscuit Day. Who thinks biscuits deserve their own day? Do you like biscuits? Make your own? Grab one for breakfast at a drive-through now and then? Which drive-through makes the one you like best? What do you like to put on a biscuit? What's your favorite food or dish that calls for buttermilk? 

I ate a buttermilk biscuit yesterday at school; they are the best!  Monday evening I was able to till my garden before the rain started AGAIN!!  It was close to 9pm when I finished.  After taking a shower, I was starving and to tired to fix anything.  I ate some watermelon and went to bed.  I woke up Tuesday morning dying of hunger so as soon as I got to school, I went straight to the cafeteria and got a sausage biscuit with grape jelly. 

My favorite drive-through biscuit is Hardees.  I make cornbread with buttermilk.

5. Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? What's your favorite part of a wedding/wedding reception? 

I think this is the first year there isn't a wedding on my summer calendar!!  My favorite part of the wedding reception is seeing the bride and groom dance to their favorite song.  Watching them dance and seeing how they gaze into each other's eyes is beautiful.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

I swear, if it doesn't quit raining!!!  Out of 7 days, it has rained 6!!!  

I have 6 1/2 days of school left and the calendar is jammed packed.  

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!


5 comments:

  1. I feel ya on the rain! It rained from Thursday night until about yesterday. On and off anyway. We did finally get sun and now maybe my pool will clear up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kinda tired of the rain too. I forgot about Hardees biscuits. I agree, they are good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad someone celebrated National Buttermilk Biscuit Day : ) Hang in there...summer is on it's way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I understand the rain! I enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many of the Hodgepodgers this week answered #1 with kindness.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. June 12 is National Simplicity Day. In what way is your life simple? What's one way that it's not?  The only way my life is sim...