Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. Mayday! Mayday!...when was the last time (or a recent time) you literally or figuratively needed to call for help? Elaborate. 

Two weeks ago, the weather was nice, and I was getting my back deck in shape.  I had cleaned the tables, chairs, and other stuff sitting around.  Finally, I decided to get my sun setter in shape.  I hit the button and nothing, so I tried again and still nothing!!  The remote needed a battery.  After figuring out how to remove the cover for a battery, I had no idea what kind of battery I was needing.  It was a round thing-a-ma-jig.  I was amazed at this kind of battery because I had never seen on like this before.  I called my neighbor for help.  Of course, he knew exactly what kind of battery this was and where I needed to go and buy one.   After I purchased the battery, he helped me put it in the remote.  My late hub took care of all of this..so this is new to me.

After the battery was put in, I went to let out the sun setter...NOTHING.  I kept trying and still NOTHING!   My neighbor asked where the power was coming from AND that's where I noticed I had not plugged it in!!  DUH on my part!!  We both had a good laugh at my expense.

2. May Day...when was the last time you danced? Do you have a lot of baskets? What's something you keep in a basket? What's your favorite purple flower? 

Before hub passed away, he and I were talking dance lessons.  It was so fun.  The last time I danced was 6 years ago.

I have a lot of baskets that is partially full of junk..cords, sticky notes, sunglasses, etc.

Favorite purple flower is the hydrangea.

3. What's something you may do this month? 

I may just sit on my porch for a few days and relax.  The last day of school is May 24th

4. Do you like eggplant? Quick topic changes lol? If you said yes in answer to the eggplant question how do you like yours prepared? Of the following purple foods, which one is your favorite...plums, purple carrots, purple asparagus, eggplant, acai berries, blackberries, purple cauliflower, elderberries, purple potatoes, or passion fruit? 

I love eggplant.  Hub was the cook in the family so I don't know how it was really prepared...crunchy and soft.  

Blackberries would have to be my favorite.


5. The calendar turns on Hodgepodge Day...

"Then you have to remember to be thankful; but in May one simply can't help being thankful that they are alive, if for nothing else."-L.M. Montgomery

Tell us one thing you're thankful for today. 

I am thankful that I have a loving, forgiving God who forgives my sins daily.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

We have started a small women's group (about 6 or 7 young ladies) which I truly enjoy going.  Having women who share each other's burdens.  Women are so similar and I am so glad others feel the way I do.  I just enjoy this group so much!!

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!


6 comments:

  1. I think we all can relate to your 'not plugged in' story lol. So glad you've found a group to share with and enjoy. We're cleaning our porches now and I have big porch sitting plans this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to have a neighbor to help out. Good neighbors are so wonderful! So glad you have a group of women to be with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a good neighbor!! The pollen is finally getting a little better in Alabama so I'm looking forward to some porch sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for being thankful to our Heavenly Father! Without Him, we'd have nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good group to be a part of. Being forgiven and at peace with God is so good. Glad you had a helpful neighbor! Happy May to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to hit last weeks posts before commenting on this week, that's how far behind I am. I enjoyed your answers. I have many "duh" moments too.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. June 12 is National Simplicity Day. In what way is your life simple? What's one way that it's not?  The only way my life is sim...