Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



From this Side of the Pond

1. June 12 is National Simplicity Day. In what way is your life simple? What's one way that it's not? 

The only way my life is simple right now is I don't have a lot of laundry to do.

I do not like being by myself and having to see if people are trying to scam me...for example, I need a tree trimmed.  I called the company and they wanted half of the money up front and a guy was stopping by my house to get it.  I thought this was strange...I don't mind paying BUT I was not paying upfront when no equipment or anything like that was coming till the following day.  I cancelled and now have a guy coming Tuesday to look at the tree and give me a price. It is things like this that bother me.

2. Something you remember from a 'simpler time'? 

I remember not so fast pace world, people were kind, neighbors looked out for one another.  Today we have many gadgets that make life simpler BUT we have no time to do the things we love???

3. Do you like squash? If so what's your favorite variety? What's a favorite way to prepare squash? 

Yes, and I have planted some this year.  I like summer squash but also winter squash.  I usually just fry some squash up or make a casserole.  Mainly just roast winter squash; I think it tastes like a sweet potato.

4. Do you shop the warehouse stores (such as Costco, Sam's B.J's, etc)? If so how often do you go, and what's something you always buy in this type of store? 

I belong to Sam's Club, but haven't been there in a few years.  When I did go, I usually stocked up on paper products.

5. Father's Day is this coming Sunday. Any plans to make the day special? Tell us something about your own father, or something about your hubs as a father, or about someone who stepped into your life and acted as a father if yours was not a part of your life. 

No plans to make this day special...my father will be dead 50 years this August (died when he was only 47) and hub is passed, also.

My father was easy going type of person but when he told you to do something, you did it. He believed in helping others no matter what. He loved his family and God.  I still miss him a lot.

Hubs was easy going.  It has been said many times that if it wasn't for me, my daughters would be in prison!!  Hub was very lenient UNTIL both started dating!

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

I took advantage of the cool day Monday and yesterday (finally no rain) and was able to get in my garden and work!!  The rain did a number on the weeds!!  I did enjoy the cool mornings (50s) and the cool days (70s) BUT that is going to change.  The temps this weekend is going to be in the high 80s to 90s. 

Bible School was last week and I had the grandsons from Thursday -Sunday.  Daughter had to go to some type of medical conference.  Sunday night, I think I died from exhaustion.  Having Bible School and keeping three boys by myself took a toll on me!!  But I enjoyed every minute of it...we stayed up late, ate snacks, played cards, played games, and took short walks.

Have a great rest of the week and Enjoy Life!

3 comments:

  1. Even I, at 45, recall when neighbors looked out for each other. I think this is sorely missed nowadays. My husband is very big on getting to know ours and we have met at least 4-5 of the houses around us. It makes me feel better knowing them, especially if the kids are home alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three boys and VBS-whew! You're a champion : ) I will say we have good neighbors here who look out for one another still, and can be called on if needed. Good for you getting your garden growing. We still don't have our patio plants done! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do miss the days when we all knew our neighbors and helped each other out. Those were the days when a neighbor probably would have helped out with that tree trimming you needed done. (I think you made the right call canceling the one that wanted money up front!) Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. June 12 is National Simplicity Day. In what way is your life simple? What's one way that it's not?  The only way my life is sim...