Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

From this Side of the Pond

1. Are you too hard on yourself or not hard enough? Elaborate. 

I think I am too hard on myself.  I do something silly and I call myself stupid.  If I can't do something, I beat myself up about it.   I also feel very guilty when I make a mistake and this guilt lasts for days.  I am not the person that says to myself, 'just get over it'. 

2. What's the role of gratitude in your life? 

I try to practice gratitude daily thanking God for giving me another day.  Gratitude puts my mind in a positive state.

3. Where do you get your news these days? How much attention are you giving it currently? 

 I do try to listen to my local news occasionally just for weather and sports.  I very seldom listen to the world news because it makes me too depressed.

4. Do you like potatoes? Last time you prepared potatoes in some way? Which of the following is your favorite...baked potato, mashed potato, french fried potato, sweet potato, hash brown potatoes, roasted potatoes, or potato salad? 

I like potatoes.  Last time I prepared potatoes were baked potatoes.  Hard to choose...baked potato, potato salad, and sweet potato are my favorites.

5. Are you a veteran? Are there any veterans in your family? Will you do anything special to honor them on Veteran's Day/Remembrance Day this year? 

I am not a veteran.  My uncles (deceased) were veterans.  They fought in WWII and Vietnam.  I don't do anything special to remember them...they are buried in Baltimore. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

The weather has been so nice lately.  I am lovin it!!

6 comments:

  1. Agreed; world news can be a real downer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are big fires in the mountains near here so we've had smoky mornings. The daytime weather has been fantastic though! The news is stomach churning right now. I have to be careful in how much I consume. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baked potatoes are very popular on this week's hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our weather in Alabama has been so nice, too! I know we need rain and it is supposedly coming this weekend . . .but I hate for the leaves to fall off the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are having some nice weather. Yum, I do love a good baked potato with all the fixins. Asking God as I type that you will know how much he loves you and that that truth will help you ease up on yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uggh...I'll do that too...call myself dumb or stupid. I woldn't think to do that to someone else I love, why myself.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby this past weekend? Have you ever been to a horse race? Ever ridden a horse? Did you enjoy it? Have you...