Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


From this Side of the Pond
1. Tell me something you remember (or if you're not there yet, something you look forward to) about being 35.

When getting ready to turn 35, I remember the famous Bronco Chase and O.J. Simpson's ex-wife being murdered.  Both my daughters were still very young.  One daughter was beginning 2nd grade and the other daughter was beginning Kindergarten.  Also, I had a lot more energy than I do now!

w. Last time you 'burned the candle at both ends'? 

Probably last month trying to tie up the loose ends of the school year.

3. Are you someone with the 'gift of gab'? Elaborate (which shouldn't be a problem if you answered yes teehee).  

No, not really.  I like to get right to the point without beating around the bush.  

4. Do you request a special meal on your birthday, and if so tell us what that meal is? Do you want the same kind of cake year after year or will any flavor work? Do you want cake at all? Growing up were birthdays a big deal in your house? Are they a big deal now? 

My birthday is coming up next month!  I don't request a special meal anymore.  I am lucky if I get a cake, now!  My birthday isn't a big deal; I consider myself very lucky to have made another trip around the sun!

Growing up my birthday was always celebrated with the fourth of July even though this wasn't my birthday (July 3rd) .  There was always a huge cookout and a cake.  


5. 'Age is just a number.'..agree or disagree? Tell us why.

I believe you are never too old to try new things and learn new things.  At least this is what my brain tells me but some days my body tells me different!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

My daughter and her boys were with me all last week.  A storm blew through and a tree fall which resulted in their deck being demolished, chimney demolished, and their boat!  Because the chimney was demolished a critter or two (squirrels) got stuck inside the chimney.  They left Sunday evening to head back home.  Emily texted me Sunday night and said when the boys said their prayers they prayed they could come back to my house on Monday! 

We are having Vacation Bible School this week, and I am teaching the Pre-K group.

8 comments:

  1. How fun to have celebrated your birthday on July 4 growing up! Our former pastor had a May 30 birthday and he said fthat as a kid he always assumed all the flags on display were in honor of his birthday!

    What an adventure for your daughter's family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree: never too old to try or learn new stuff. That, to me, is what makes life worth living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so much fun when the grandkids want to be with you. I get to see my grandson next month. I agree that it's never to late to try something new. Hope you have a great Bible School.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh...that prayer is so sweet! Love it. Yikes that was a lot of damage to your daughter's property. Hope it all gets sorted well. Hats off to you for taking on the Pre-K group!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, so sweet that they'd like to come back to Grandmas house. What a mess that storm must have been. And losing their boat at the beginnning of the summer is such a bummer. Glad no one was hurt and things can be replaced. Have fun with Bible School.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter's birthday is July 3rd also, and we've tried to balance combining her birthday with our Canada Day/Independence Day celebrations and it being HER day. I understand that since my birthday is right after Christmas and often was a bit forgotten because of that. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your answers. I agree, we are never too old to do and learn things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good answers. Seems we were all in the throes of young motherhood. Good times.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby this past weekend? Have you ever been to a horse race? Ever ridden a horse? Did you enjoy it? Have you...