Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


From this Side of the Pond
1. What's one thing you're excited about in the coming month? 
I will celebrate my birthday next month.  I am not too excited about my birthday, but I am thankful I have made another trip around the sun.

2. What was your life like when you were ten years old? 

The year I turned 10 I went to spend the summer with my grandmother.In the summer, I would go to Baltimore and stay with my grandmother;we use to live in Baltimore when I was younger.  I loved staying with my grandmother.  My friends and I would stay out late and I loved going crabbing.  I miss celebrating the Fourth of July in Baltimore.  My uncle had a huge celebration at his house, and I think the entire neighborhood came!  

My grandmother had a black and white television and I remember watching Armstrong walking on the moon with her.  Life seemed so carefree.

3. What's something from your childhood you still enjoy today? 

The first thing that came to mind was reading.  I still enjoy reading novels today.


4. What state (that you haven't been to) do you most want to visit? Tell us why. 

Vermont.  I have always wanted to go to Vermont (hub and I had planned this trip before his cancer returned).  I wanted to see the beautiful fall foliage and taste the mouth watering maple syrup.

5. Do you like to drive? Tell us how you learned to drive. 

I don't like to drive much.  I am more of a sight seer and you can't do that when you drive.

My daddy taught me to drive.  On Sunday evenings, he would take me on all of these back roads, they were so curvy, and I would drive.  I learned to drive changing gears and using a clutch.  Gosh!  I don't think they even make cars with a clutch anymore.  

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

After a rainy, dreary week last week, the sun is shining!!

Happy Fourth of July!!  Celebrate our Freedom!!

6 comments:

  1. I love reading your answers today. I didn't do a very good job of answering the questions today and reading your answers made me think of some I could have typed! We spent hours walking to and from the library and I still read as many books as I can and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading about your memories of block parties in Baltimore! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We finally have sunny skies here too and I am loving it. We miss the blue crabs and judge crab cakes the world over by Maryland standards. It's a high bar lol. Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't childhood memories fun to replay? As you may see on my post, I am recapturing our family's past in a series of blog posts which will later be printed. I also learned to drive a standard transmission car which made transitioning to an automatic like heaven. But, I could still drive a standard if I had to; glad I don't though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tammy, I enjoyed reading about your summer with your grandmother, so special. Vermont would be another state I'd love to drive through...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went to Vermont in October, it was great! Enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby this past weekend? Have you ever been to a horse race? Ever ridden a horse? Did you enjoy it? Have you...