Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Shh...is it a secret kinda Hodgepodge?



From this Side of the Pond



1. The Hodgepodge lands this year on National Secret Keeping Day...on a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being I'm a blabbermouth and 10 being I'm a vault) how good are you at keeping secrets?

I am pretty good at keeping secrets. I would be a 9 1/2! No one is perfect!!

I read here nine jobs for people who can keep a secret-cybersecurity worker, executive assistant, housekeeper, lawyer, nuclear plant technician, physician, private investigator, psychologist, security guard  Of the jobs listed, which one most interests you and why?

cybersecurity worker...I would want to catch and punish the ones who are intruders and hackers and have them get a 'real' job.

2. What's the secret of life (or one of them anyway)?

Get up each morning, enjoy God's creation, and spend a few minutes with God.  This is what gets me through now a days.


3. Off the record, best-kept secret, a fly on the wall, top secret, my lips are sealed, secret shopper, as quiet as a mouse, poker face, spill the beans, open secret, bite your tongue...which secret idiom can you best relate to right now? Explain.

Bite your tongue...which is really trying my self-control.  Some people just know how to 'get my goat' and I am biting my tongue...just don't know how long this will last.

4. Spill here the secret ingredient in one of your favorite recipes?

oops....I don't have one!!  I was never the chef that was hub's job and I am sure he always had a secret ingredient to whatever he was cooking up.

5. My mama celebrates a big birthday tomorrow. Share a favorite quote, song lyric, saying, or verse of scripture that will add some sunshine to her day (ours too!)

“We turn not older with years, but newer every day” – Emily Dickinson

Happy Birthday to your mama!!

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

The twins will be 4 months old on Thursday and Friday (July 3rd) was the first time I was allowed to hold them.  
Liam is on the left weighing 9 lbs (weighed 4lbs at birth) and Aidan is on the right weighing lover 10lbs (weighed 5.6lbs at birth).

I have also missed this 2 year old.
Boy, have I missed this 2 yr.old...I kept him for 1 and 1/2 years...

Have a great rest of the week!

5 comments:

  1. Getting to see and especially hold those precious babies must have been a great dose of medicine. Yes, bite my tongue has never been such an issue and challenge as it is today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were finally able to hold those sweet babies! I've definitely had to bite my tongue lately too. I'm always wanting to start a political rant but delete every time. I don't want my blog to be about that kind of stuff and turn into a place for arguments. Hope you have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you finally got to see those sweet babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you were able to hold those babies!! What a wonderful birthday treat! Your answer to the vault/blabbermouth question caused me to re-read my answer. I realized I'd reversed the numbers and given myself a 2 when I meant a 9-oops : )

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imag...