Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Good bye June...Hello Hodgepodge


From this Side of the Pond
Thank you Joyce for helping us keep our sanity through all this going on in our country.  I look forward so much to your weekly Hodgepodge. 
If others would like to join our little party...hop on over.


1. Are you currently making plans of any kind? What kind? What emotions are associated with the planning process? Tell us about one plan you had to cancel due to the current situation which shall remain nameless. Ha!
Happy Birthday to You - Wikipedia

Making plans to celebrate my birthday on Friday..Woo hoo!!  We will be having a crab boil with family.  
I am not overly excited or anything.  
San Francisco Bay Area Fourth of July Fireworks Shows 2020 | 4th ...
The big Fourth of July plans have been cancelled.  Usually, I go listen to music (the band plays 70s &; 80s songs), eat, and watch the fireworks.  It really is hard living by yourself and being alone when all events are cancelled.  

2. Last time you saw stars, either literally or figuratively?

With the rainy and cloudy weather there  has been a few starless nights.   I like looking at the stars at night and imagining another universe.

3. Blueberries yay or nay? Blueberry pie, blueberry muffins, blueberry yogurt, blueberries by the handful...what's your pleasure?
Healthy Blueberry Smoothie (Dairy-Free) | A Mind "Full" Mom
Love blueberries!!  I am not a fan of blueberry muffins because I don't really like muffins of any kind.
Lately, I have been putting blueberries in my smoothies....so refreshing after a long day of doing yard work.

4. swim against the tide, swimming upstream, in the swim, sink or swim, makes your head swim...choose one of the 'swim' idioms listed and tell us how/why you relate?
Digital Me | How to prevent total data chaos

All this chaos in the world today and now affecting my little neck of the woods in my small community makes my head swim.  What is wrong with being kind, being respectful, and being able to agree to disagree?  Each morning I do my devotions and pray for our world, country, and my community. Each of us go through heartaches that is unexplainable and is out of our control and this chaos we are all experiencing (riots/fighting,  COVID, wear a mask/not wear a mask, lashing out to others on Facebook, the anger towards others) makes my head swim.
Can one imagine living in a world where we smile and are kind to one another?   I use to live in this kind of world.

Be Kind and Smile Often - Home | Facebook


5. Sum up your June in a single sentence.

Pounding my way through June.
Class Review: Pound Fitness at Philly Dance Fitness | Be Well Philly

How I release the stress of the day and the negativity in the world.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

I have been dealing with blind issues for two weeks.  Blinds were purchased and picked up.  A fellow came to install them BUT one of the blinds was  missing some parts.  Two days later another fellow came AND the parts were wrong.  I called to check on the status today and was told someone would be calling me soon (my definition of soon is N OW) and letting me know when he would be back to finish installing the blinds.  
I need to take a page from my book...just be kind BUT when I have already paid for them I would just like to have this job finished.

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I hope you have a lovely celebration, in whatever form it has to take at the moment. I can imagine there must be lots of disappointment this 4th of July. Next year's will have to be bigger and better. Totally agree on what you said about how we used to live in a world where people were kinder and more considerate. Now it seems people think they only have to be kind to people they know and strangers are just nobodies. I smile at everyone as I am walking around town - even if they don't notice it makes me feel happier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Yep, I agree. It used to be a kinder world, but I think we used to teach kids to give a certain amount of respect to everyone just because it was the right thing to do. Now no one deserves any respect unless they earn it. Opens the door wide to all kinds of disrespect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday and enjoy your crab boil!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too wish people would just be kind to each other, it's really not a difficult thing to do. Have a happy birthday and enjoy that yummy crab boil and the company of your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had some of the exact same thoughts on what makes our head swim. It is such a crazy, crazy time in our country and if we didn't know how the story ends, a discouraging time as well. Knowing and believing in a Sovereign God is the only way to keep hope. Enjoyed visiting with you today and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our neighbor across the cove does a great fireworks show and she said it will happen this year so we're excited about that. We have a front row seat from our dock. Boats all come and anchor in the cove and it's fun. My daughter's inlaws are coming over for a cookout, we'll eat outside and hopefully the weather will be good. Happy birthday! Enjoy your crab boil!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imag...