Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge




Join the fun....

1. Let's talk holiday decorating. On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall? (1=Scrooge and 10= Clark Griswold). What's your favorite corner-room-table-space to decorate? Is it done?

I use to be a 9 1/2 but now I am just a 5 :(    I use to put up at least 5 Christmas Trees! With the girls are grown up and plans of their own, I don't decorate much.   Plus I liked inviting people over but most of our friends don't like to get out much now-a-days. 
I still like decorating the living room-that is where most of the decorations are now.  Yes, I am finished with the decorating even though there is very little decorations on the outside this year.

2. Is there a nativity scene in your decorating somewhere? Post a picture or, if it's special to you in some way, tell us why. Or do both-it's Christmas!

Yes
I used this nativity scene to tell the Christmas story to grandson.

Also, have this one on the fireplace mantle.


3.  Do you live in a social neighborhood? If so are you glad? If not do you wish you did?

Not now :(
A little now and then I miss my social neighborhood, but I jump in the car and go and visit daughter.

4.  As the saying goes, 'there's no time like the present'. How does that ring true in your life right now?

This is me 99% of the time...no time like now...I very seldom put off what I can do today.

5. Do you dread Mondays? Why or why not?

Since I am retired, no.  Funny thing,  but I mentioned to hub this past Sunday, that since I am retired I didn't dread Sundays.  Sunday evenings were spent preparing lesson plans for the coming week.

6.  Poinsettia, Christmas Cactus, Amaryllis-which on the list is your favorite holiday plant? Are any of these on display in your home right now?
Image result for poinsettia


My favorite and not displayed in my home, not yet, anyway.

7. Share a favorite quote from a Christmas movie.

"It's Christmas Eve. It's the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer, we smile a little easier, we cheer a little more. For a couple of hours out of the whole year we are the people that we always hoped we would be." — Frank Cross (Bill Murray)


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Image result for December 7

7 comments:

  1. Wow...5 Christmas trees! I can't even imagine the work that must have been involved. I do well to get our one tree put up. Have a great day, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than a couple of trees is a lot of work! We've got two up here this year. Next year if we have a house full of family I will add one to the lower level, but we're still kind of organizing that space so I didn't do anything there this time. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you were quite the decorator! My ONE Christmas tree wears me out getting decorated...I have to hand it to you by putting up FIVE! I will admit to having put up TWO when my boys were little and we lived in a house with a living room on the main floor and the family room was in the basement...I put a small table top tree in the living room. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have two trees, one in the living room and one in our bedroom. This past year we left the tree up all year long in the bedroom and enjoyed its cheery glow in the evenings and dark early mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nativities are lovely. That is a great Bill Murray movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We, too, are retired and it seems like one day is just like the next. Great pictures. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having our children grow and go just seems to change everything, doesn't it? It is hard to get used to them not being at home.

    Your Nativities are beautiful.

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Wednesday Hodgepodge

  1.What do you love about your life right now?  I thank God everyday for giving me a new day.  I love spending time with my grandsons; ther...