Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Happy Wednesday Hodgepodge





Put on your happy face.....





1. Let's all think happy thoughts...share one of yours here.

Oh, I can't just go with one!
The birth of my children, hearing my oldest daughter laugh after her second open heart surgery, watching my daughters graduate from high school, watching my youngest daughter play in the state finals, watching both graduate from college, my youngest daughter's wedding, spending time with my grandchildren....I could go on and on and on.

2. There's a Chinese proverb that says, "If you want happiness for an hour take a nap, if you want happiness for a day-go fishing...." What say you? If you want happiness for a day _____________.

I  wake up thanking God for another day and I know God is going to do amazing things today  so I thank him for the amazing things he has in store for me today.  

3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you?

To decompress I take a walk. When the weather is warm, I walk around our walking trail in our local town park.  When the weather is cold, I walk around our gym inside my church.
There are days when I just can't make myself walk...so to decompress I cuddle up with a good book in my den or sunroom.

4. What song never fails to make you happy?

Happy by Pharrell Williams

5. Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing? Apparently it is, so tell us what's the last 'fast food' you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of a 'happy meal' what would you include?

Image result for hardees big chicken fillet sandwich
Minus the fries and drink....

My 'happy meal' ....
Image result for one grilled chicken Image result for one corn on the cobImage result for grapes and apples



6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog.

I blog to express my thoughts and to share with others.  Blogging is an outlet for me.


7. List seven things you're feeling especially grateful for today.

1. God
2.Family
3.Health
4. Friends
5. Home
6. Laughter
7. Books

8. Insert your own random thought here.

We are in much need of rain.  Forest fires are raging in my area and the air quality is poor.  The weather isn't looking good for rain in the near future.
But
Image result for happy face
Because I am....
...



7 comments:

  1. We both have the same taste in music, Tammy!!! I love the song Happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that I didn't put books on my list of things to be thankful for! Sheesh! LOL! Love the song Happy. I think I almost put that down instead of the answer I wound up going with. Have a great daya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added your song to my Spotify play list. It is a fun and lively song. I forgot to put book on my grateful list and on my way to decompress. Where was my mind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today was the first morning of the last four that I've been able to see the lake when I wake up. The smoke has been disturbing. Much clearer today, but we are also in dire need of rain. I saw some in Saturday's forecast so here's hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are in desperate need for rain here, too. There are about 17 wildfires burning in the North GA. mountains about an hour or so from here and the smoke from them has traveled to our area and it's just been awful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray that we both get a good drenching downpour. We live 5 miles from a monster wildfire (20,000 acres consumed) that is growing everyday. Today the smoke is better... I hope we both get rain soon.
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm doing a sugar detox right now so I'm thinking chocolate would be my happy meal. LOL We're getting a lot of smoke all the way down here from the fires. My cousin lives in Lake Lure but they're ok so far. I hope everyone who has fires gets enough rain to put those things out!

    ReplyDelete

A-Z Challenge...Letter N

  N Neighborly I smile when I see people being a good neighbor.   Today, many people have no idea who their neighbor is.  How sad is that? B...